Part 19

The next morning I woke up and I was still in Josh's arms on the floor, guess we fell asleep like this. “Josh wake up,” I said moving out of his grip, his arms released me. I turned toward him, “Josh come on, it's like 2 in the afternoon,” I said rubbing my eyes. He still didn't move, “Josh!” I shouted, his eyes opened a little, “five more minutes,” He whispered closing his eyes again. I got up and pulled on his arms, “No, come on,” I said again. He pulled back and his hand went to his side and his eyes shot open. I covered my mouth, “I'm sorry I forgot--” He cut me off, “You didn't do it Morgan,” He said pulling off his shirt. The wrap I put on yesterday was covered in blood. He leaned his head on the wall holding back pain, “Damn it,” He shouted keeping pressure on the cut. “Josh you have to go tot he hospital for that.” I said grabbing his keys off the nightstand.

I got a few things and went back to him, that is when I realized just how much he was hurt, there was a puddle of blood forming on the ground, it must have started last night. “Josh come on,” I said going over to him. Josh wasn't looking good at this point, he was a few shades paler and was struggling to keep his eyes open. “Josh stay awake, talk to me,” I said pulling out my phone and calling 911. Josh looked at me, it was clear he wasn't going to argue about going in. “Their on their way baby,” I said as I ran my hand in his hair. He was getting closer to falling asleep, “Josh... talk to me, please talk to me,” I felt myself tearing up. His hand grabbed mine, “It's alright.....” He softly said to me. I kissed his hand, “You have to stay awake until they get here, alright? For me please?” I say with a shaky voice. He lets go of my hand and his eyes get closer to closing. “Josh, don't do this to me.... I-I can't lose you, I need you. Please don't,” I started crying and touched his face. His eyes were closed but he was still breathing.

The medics got to the house and pushed me to the side and carried Josh to the ambulance. I was in tears and having another panic attack. Seeing Josh be carried out broke my heart, because it was my fault he was like that. I was sitting on the floor in a ball crying, I felt a hand on my shoulder, “Morgan come on, we have to meet them at the hospital,” the voice came from Mrs. Johnson. She calmed me down and we left. She was holding back tears herself. Driving took forever, there was so much traffic toward the hospital. Once we got there, we both ran to the front desk, “Josh Johnson,” his mom asked in an uneasy voice. The lady at the desk looked at her computer, “Sorry, we don't have any new information on him yet. He is in intensive care as we speak. All we can ask you to do it wait in the waiting room,” she wait pointing toward the waiting area that was currently empty.

We sat for hours, I was laying on the couch asleep when some one said my name, I opened my eyes to Zac, he was knelt down next to me, “Hey,” He softly said. I sat up and hugged him, pushing back my jumpiness, because right now I needed someone since Josh wasn't here. “Josh's mom called me as soon as you fell asleep,” He said sitting next to me. I stayed close to him, I put my head on his shoulder and held back more tears, “Please tell me he is going to be alright Zac,” I said looking at him. Zac looked at me with sad eyes, I knew he can't promise anything, “Morgan, why don't you go home and get some sleep. They will call as soon as they know something,” Zac said. I sat up and looked at him, “No, I am not leaving here until I know he is alright.” I yelled. Mrs. Johnson walked over, “Morgan, Honey. Please go home and rest, take a shower, change, then you can come back alright. We just think you need a break from the hospital, you were here all night. I promise to call if I hear anything, and Zac will be here.” She said calmly. I nodded in agreement and got up. Zac hugged me and I left.

When I got home, I quickly ran to my room and locked the door since Liz was home. I jumped in the shower, I actually took my time, letting the hotness of the water flow. My mind was racing from everything that has happened in the last month, from Liz hitting me, to falling in love with my brothers best friend, the fight with Zac, the whole Tyler thing, and now the hospital. With all this my heart was racing. I got dressed and grabbed my a few things to take along with me. In my rush I didn't even hear my door being unlocked and it slammed open. I jumped and turned around, Liz was standing there with a beer bottle in her hand, “Where the hell have you been the last two weeks?” she screamed. I was in no way, shape, or form ready to put up with her shit, I pushed past her and ran down the stairs, she chucked her bottle at me but I was already out the door.