Part 14

Everyone froze even Josh. I stood in front of Tyler, “Morgan no---” Tyler cut Zac off, “Let's play then.” He ran back to his team. I turned to Zac and the boys. “Damn it Morgan, why the hell would you agree to that?” Josh shouted at me. I backed up, “Because, you guys never back down and for sure not to them,” I stated. Zac looked at me, “Morgan, they have been undefeated all year since Alex joined their team, and we haven't played them since that.” He said with anger. Wow, maybe I just made a huge mistake, “Well then I guess you damn well better win then, now wont you,” I said poking him in the chest. Danny spoke up, “I don't like this idea guys.” I looked at him, “Well maybe next time you will be smart and not let his dumb ass pick the bet,” I yelled pissed off. “I told you to stay home,” Josh added grabbing my arm. I pulled away, “You can't tell me what I can and can't do.” I screamed.

Alright, maybe I was worried and just taking it out on them all for this bet. Either way they need to pull their shit together because no way in hell was I going to go with those kids. “Hey,” I said making them huddle up around me, “Come on guys, I know you can do it. I believe in you, if I didn't I wouldn't have made the deal for you. Now keep your head in the game and kick some ass,” I cheered and they all erupted in cheers and hugged me one by one as they went out. Zac stopped and looked at me, “what happened to your face?” he said putting his helmet on. “I will tell you if you win the damn game,” I slapped his head and he went out. Josh was standing there looking at me, he was clearly upset and not comfortable right now. I walked up and hugged him, “Baby, you guys got this. Don't worry.” I kissed him and he went out to the field.

I sat on the bleachers as the game started, we started off good and strong. Josh tackled Tyler's team member down hard before the ball even touched his hand. I noticed Zac and Josh were mostly going at either Tyler or Alex. Boys, they never grow the fuck up. After about half way through the game things were getting hard, both teams were tired and wore out. We had a huddle again, “You guys are doing great, ahead by a point. Keep your heads in the game. It's now or never, please don't fail me now for all that is good in this world, I want to be going home with MY boyfriend and not some man whore.” They all laughed at my comment. I broke the huddle and watched them go back out.

I stood up once the clock hit to minutes. We were for sure going to win, Tyler's team needed a touchdown to win, but they were all the way down at the other end, there was no way they could get through in time. Tyler hiked the ball and I noticed something was off. Alex tackled Danny from behind and sent him into the ground, I knew that was an illegal hit in the game but everyone else didn't notice, Tyler was running the ball. Oh shit he was already half way. I watched as Tyler’s team kept on the illegal hits taking our team out. This is unbelievable, we never played unfair. Josh was going for Tyler when Alex got him and they both tackled to the ground. Josh shot back up in a flash, he was hurt but he ran. Tyler was almost there when Josh tackled him.

Everyone froze for a second then I heard Tyler's team burst out in cheers. Tyler's hand with the football just made it in the line. Fucking shit! I screamed in my head. Half our team was on the ground. Tyler's team crowded around him. My team all shot up and over to me. “Damn it, I knew this was a mistake,” Zac said angry. He was at my side in a protective way. Josh slowly made his way over with Help from Matt. Josh wrapped his arm around me protectively clearly showing I wasn't going anywhere. He was leaning into me, he must have hurt his leg with that hit from Alex. The boys were all around me when Tyler and his freaks walked up with a Smirk, “Alright, Time to pay up,” He winked at me. Josh's arm tightened around me. I rolled my eyes at Tyler, “No.” I simply said. He laughed, “What do you mean no, we had a deal pretty lady,” His comment made all my team growl. “You cheated. I seen all those illegal hits, you didn't win fair, so the deal is off,” I said with a smile.

I really don't think Tyler was going to let this deal off. He stepped forward a little, “Listen princess, a deal is a deal. We never agreed to play fair,” He said with a smirk. Zac stepped up too, “It's football, all the school rules apply and you know it.” Tyler laughed, “What's the matter Carter, you can't share your slut of a sister,” He smiled. Zac had his fists at his side holding in his anger. I pulled away from Josh, he almost fell but Matt grabbed him and helped him, “excuse me, I am not a slut.” I said standing in front of him, “You didn't win fair, so I am not going--” Before I finished he pulled me into his group and one of them held me there. “There, wasn't so hard was it,” Tyler smiled. Zac pushed him, “Let her go NOW!” Zac ordered. Alex stepped up by Tyler, Alex was probably the biggest guy here out of both teams.

I looked at Zac, he knew it too since he got into it with alex. Josh was struggling to get over to me, but Matt held him back since he was already hurt. “It is just a day, you can have the freak back tonight.” He said walking to me. That was it, Zac let his anger get to him and tackled Tyler. The two football teams got into a fight. I was still being held by some kid, “Let me go,” I shouted. He just smiled, “No can do, told you you lost the deal.” He said as he pulled me into him. Damn if I had a free hand he would be dead. I heard something snap causing everyone to stop and look at Josh. Josh got up and was pissed. Then I looked on the ground where Tyler was holding his arm. “You broke my fucking hand,” Tyler shouted. Josh turned at him, “Next time you won't touch my girl.” He limped toward me and the kid, the kid pushed me at Josh and he caught me just in time. I smiled at him.

Tyler and his team all got up and in a huddle, same as our team, they were closer to me this time. “This game isn't over, we had a deal and we will get it soon,” Tyler said as they all walked off. Zac looked at me, “I swear if you EVER agree to a bet like that again, I will kill you personally,” He said pulling me into a hug. Josh grabbed my hand and we all walked to the parking lot. We agreed to go back to Josh's house. I rode with him of course, it was silent the whole ride. I figured he was mad at me so I better not push him to talk. The radio wasn't even on, like for real do we have to ride like this?

Once we got to his house, he got out of the car and slammed the door, I just sat there and watched him pace back and forth in front of the car. I slowly stepped out and walked over and leaned on the hood. He looked at me then went back to pacing. I finally decided to break the silence, “You're mad, I know it was a stupid mistake and I'm sorry,” I shouted at him making him stop. He looked at her, “Yeah it was a stupid mistake Morgan, you know damn well Tyler is trouble. Why didn't you let Zac call the game off? We could have avoided all of this in the first place,” He yelled at her then started pacing again. I was close to tears, I love him and seeing him yell at me hurt, “Josh, you guys have NEVER backed out of a game, and I wasn't going to be the reason you did. It was just a stupid bet--” I was cut off, “No it wasn't, Tyler made that bet because Alex told him too, I saw Alex say something to Tyler before you walked over.” He said kicking a rock across the yard. I stood there in shock, I knew Alex was there but I never guessed Tyler would be like that. “Josh, it's fine. Look I'm still here aren't I?” he stopped and got closer to me, “Yeah after we had a fight to get you back, I saw the look on their faces Morgan.” He leaned forward, his hands on either side of my waist on the hood so i couldn't get away.