Part 18

After a few days I started acting like myself again, laughing and having a great time. I have been staying at Josh's house all week, Zac keeps asking why I wont come home, but I just lie and tell him that im not ready for that yet. Which really isn't a lie, I still only trust Josh. “Hey, I can't miss practice again, but if you want me to stay I---” I cut him off, “Dude, I will go and it will be fine.” I smile pulling on my shoes. He leans on the door frame blocking the way, “Remember the last two times you have came ended bad for both of us,” He said with a hint of concern I frowned at the thought of it, “Josh, Kassie and Allison will be there, I already texted them.” I smiled when I seen he relaxed a little. “Alright, if you are sure about it,” He said taking my hand and we left, and yes his car was fixed thanks to my dads friend I called for a favor.

Once we got to the parking lot, the boys were all talking around Zac's truck. I followed close to Josh like a shadow. “Hey Morgan,” They all said. They didn't move toward me, which means they know I am still jumpy. I figure either Josh warned them ahead of time, of Zac did. Kass and Allison smiled at me. “Lets play some football,” Chase said as they went to the field. Josh kept looking at me sitting on the bleachers with the girls, I wasn't close to them, I sat a few feet away. “So, we are really glad you came,” Allison broke the silence. Then Kass added on, “Yeah, you have been with Josh all week, you need some girl time.” She said with a small smile. I smiled back, I was really tired since every night I have had those dream that wake me up screaming..

As the game went on I seen Anna walking up, I tensed up. She stood in front of the girls and I, I noticed Josh seen her too and stopped the game and all the guys watched close. She finally spoke up, “Listen, Morgan, I heard what happened. I'm really sorry I didn't mean anything that I said. I know the story about you mom, and I lied about Josh using you. He really does love you and would never hurt you,” She said softly looking at the grass. I was dead in shock at what just came out of her mouth. Anna never apologized or admitted she was wrong, this was a shocker. “It's alright Anna, I forgive you.” I say with a small smile. She looked up, “You do?” she asked confused. I nodded, “I understand, trust me you are forgiven.” She tilts her head, “sorry for not warning you about Tyler.....” She trailed off.

I looked up at her, what was she talking about. I got up to my feet, “what do you mean warn me?” I was in front of her, Josh was slowly walking over, by my body being so tensed he probably realized something set me off again. “I mean, I knew about the bet and he told me if I helped him get you alone he would leave me alone. So I did, I pissed you off knowing you would leave, but he promised not to hurt you I swear. I didn---” I cut her off, “You knew he would find me,” As I spoke Josh set his hand on my shoulder causing me to jump about a mile. “Morgan I am so sorry, I swear if I knew he was going to....” She stopped. “Knew if he was going to what? Rape me?” I yelled at her, I was upset and I clearly had a reason to be. She was in tears, “Morgan if I could take it back I would.” She said. “Josh take me home.” I said walking toward the car. He ran up to me and stopped me, “Morgan, breath before you have another panic attack,” He softly says. I take deep breaths.

I can't believe Anna would do this, I mean, I know she is a bitch but that was low even for her. “Josh, please I want to go back to your house, I need to get away from everyone.” I said freaking out. He kissed me, and that sure as hell calmed me down fast. He pulled back and looked at me, “alright, let me get my stuff.” he walked off. I could hear the guys groan that he was missing another practice, but right now I didn't care. He walked back and we drove. It was a silent ride. I looked out the window, then the car came to a sudden stop. I looked at Josh, his grip on the steering wheel became tighter, I followed his eyes out the front window to where a car was parked. Josh unbuckled and got out slamming the door. I watched him walk over to the parked car and look around. I was so very confused, then I saw him, Tyler was walking out of the path in the woods. I unbuckled, I knew what Josh was going to do, I opened the door, “Josh don't,” I shouted but to late. Josh was already walking over.