Chapter 7: We Cried Together

☆ Samchon means Uncle.

________________________

"My Unnie's sudden death news had quite an affect on them and then Ji Ah too left unexpectedly and in such a way. They are just bitter and remorseful. They feel more guilty than you do right now, while neither of you two are at fault. It will take some more time for them to recover from this impact and see things for the way they are. Don't take any word she said seriously."

Na Ri looked down at her hands in her lap, her sobs slightly under control now.

"But it doesn't change the fact that I athe reason three people are no more in this world." She said hoarsely, more tears slipping down her pale cheeks and her chest heaving with the effort of restraining sobs in.

Nam Gil resisted grunting in annoyance. Had she not heard a single word he had said?

"What has happened, has already happened. There is no way to go back and change it. Focus on future now, so that you don't have any more regrets." He said sternly. He had just wasted his time in trying to comfort her.

"Ahjussii," Na Ri said feebly, "Why don't you hate me too? Why don't you tell me to die too?"

"She told you to die?" Nam Gil asked with a faint frown.

"She didn't." Na Ri replied. "But she must have wanted me to."

"I don't think she does."

Na Ri grew silent momentarily.

"What about you then?" She gazed at him questionably with her wide round eyes filled with tears.

And for a moment, Nam Gil was shaken. Because he was reminded of when Ji Ah had asked him the same question in the same manner once.

He finally really looked at her face properly for the first time, after her surgery. The surgeon had been right when he had said that her eyes were not harmed in the least during the accident. Hae Na Ri and Cha Ji Ah had almost exactly the same eyes. Big doe eyes that portrayed a perfect picture of innocence. The difference was that Na Ri's eyes had shadows underneath and they were bloodshot red. But the main difference, he realised, was that her eyes were dull and sad. They didn't have the same mischief sparkle that shone in Ji Ah's eyes when she had sat in his chair at his office. The rest of her features were just the same as Ji Ah. If she were to dress as Ji Ah and cut her hip length hair to below shoulder, she would look just like Cha Ji Ah.

Nam Gil stood up, straightening his tie and vest, "Ofcourse I wouldn't want you to die. I have gone through so much trouble for you."

Na Ri blinked at him blankly.

"And that is why you should live passionately too." He said in a deliberately angry tone. "Do it for me, do it for Cha Ji Ah and Mr Kim, our old driver who died with her."

Na Ri swallowed visibly.

"I am going to get your discharge papers ready." He told her, before leaving.

★★★★★

The only good thing happening in a long time was Na Ri being released from the torture chamber they often referred to as hospital. Mr Seo had told her that he had rented a small apartment for her in a nice area, such that she could pay rent easily. She couldn't go back to her old apartment, though Mr Seo had her some of her stuff discreetly taken from her former apartment for which Na Ri was grateful. Na Ri was grateful for everyting, actually.