Chapter 12: I Want To Be Near You

"Cha Ji Ah, are you going to reject my heart too?" Ji Ah felt him turn to her. "What is this?" He said. "We know that your hair are pretty and all, but you don't need to flaunt them like this."

She knew he was referring to her hiding behind her hair, but she only turned her head away more. "Go away."

The next events happened in just a few moments.

Young Do tried to deliberately brush her hair out of her face, and his fingers grazed against her cheek. Ji Ah flinched away at once, pushing his hand away, but Kim Tan had already lunged at Young Do across the table, and seized Young Do's collar in his hand to yank him to his feet. Ji Ah also sprang up with a gasp.

"Don't touch her." Kim Tan growled in Young Do's face. The cafeteria had gone deathly silent and Ji Ah knew everyone had their eyes on them.

However, Young Do looked like he just won lottery.

He howled in ecstasy.

"What is this?!" He grinned at Kim Tan. "I only touched her hair and you flipped out. Why?"

Kim Tan stiffened in response.

''I would like to see your reaction if I touched more than that." Young Do smirked in a devilish way, raising his eyebrows smugly. He went on to give Ji Ah a sly look, and she almost shrunk back. Her hands began to quiver faintly.

Kim Tan jerked at Young Do's collar, snapping his attention back to himself. "You have stepped on the line."

"I plan to go further too." Young Do was evidently provoking him.

Ji Ah felt tears burn behind her eyes. She didn't want them to fight. As a person growing up in a violent enviroment, Ji Ah detested violence.

She grabbed Kim Tan's hand balled around Young Do's collar. "Let it go. He's provoking you intentionally." She said with a faint trembling in her voice.

Kim Tan didn't look at her; he was glaring at Young Do.

Young Do on the other hand, looked amused. "She is smart. No wonder I am into her."

Ji Ah almost cringed. She walked out to Kim Tan's side, and tugged at his arm because he looked like he was about to punch the amusment off Young Do's face. Kim Tan and Young Do stared each other down for a few seconds before Kim Tan let go of Young Do's collar roughly. He grasped Ji Ah wrist and stormed out of the Cafeteria.

★★★★★

Kim Tan paced back and forth in front of the lockers, looking ready to murder someone --preferably Choi Young Do.

"Avoid him." He suddenly turned to her. "As best as you can."

Ji Ah nodded with wide eyes, clasping her shaking hands together, but Kim Tan noticed.

He averted his eyes. "He is picking on you because of me. Try to stay closer to me so that I can protect you."

Ji Ah gazed up at him with watery eyes. "Don't." She said.

Kim Tan looked back to her.

"Don't protect me. I know it hurts you to see me... and it hurts me to see you too." Her voice dwindled, as she looked down. "Let's see each other less."