Chapter 8: The First Time I Saw You

-sshi means a formal or professional or respectful relationship.

TRIGGER WARNING: A DEPRESSED AND SUICIDAL JI AH AHEAD. BEAR WITH HER PLEASE.

___________________________________

Ji Ah didn't sleep a wink at night, and didn't feel like leaving her bed in morning. She had cried all the tears that were threatening to make their appearance in the last 2 weeks, on Kim Tan's shoulder last night. None of them had tried to console each other, and wept on.

However, the tears she had shed with Kim Tan yesterday had only managed to make her heart even more heavy. The guilty conscience had striked her too brutally this time, and she laid in bed whole day like a wounded animal. Such that who wasn't even passionate about living anymore.

Her stomach grumbled, but she ignored it. She hated eating too. Her throat was aching and a headache had formed. Today was her weekly check up day, still she ignored everything and closed her eyes, tugging up her blanket more. Ji Ah desperately wished her Eomma was here to comb her fingers through Ji Ah's hair.

Her phone rang somewhere and she tried to ignore it. Only one person called her and that was Mr Seo. She mused if he would come and see her out of concern if she were to not pick his calls. Not this soon, she thought ruefully. If she were to die today here, her body might not be found for a few days. Mr Seo would grow infuriated like he had been at the hospital, and visit her apartment. He would ring the bell and tap his foot impatiently. When she wouldn't open even after 4 bells, he would demand the landlord lady for a spare key. When they would enter the apartment with a spare key, Ji Ah would appear to he sleeping, but as they would nudge her shoulder, she would roll over and they would finally realise that she was dead.

Ji Ah groaned in irritation and threw away her blanket grumpily when her cell phone rang for the fourth time. She sat up and reached over for her phone in dark at the kitchen counter. Her bed's headboard rested against the kitchen counter. It was a one room apartment with a bedroom, a kitchen and a living room in just one huge room.

Ji Ah picked up the call, "Hello?"

"Where are you? Why are you not at the hospital?" Mr Seo was a very straightforward person, Ji Ah thought with subtle sarcasm.

"I don't feel well." She said quietly.

"More of a reason for you to be at the hospital." He replied drily.

Ji Ah frowned. "Can I go tomorrow?" She asked meekly.

"You would have to." He said, "I will have Dan Te-sshi get another appointment for tomorrow."

Ji Ah felt embarrassed.

"I am sorry, Ahjussi." She apologised sheepishly.

"Alright." He didn't pay much attention to her apology, as his attention seemed to be elsewhere "What is wrong with you? You said you don't feel well."

"It's more mental than physical. I am all good physically." She assured him, as she began picking at her cuticles with her fingernail.

There was a brief silence on the other side before he spoke thoughtfully, "You need to see a psychiatrist too." Ji Ah frowned. "What you have been through isn't normal and should be dealt as such too."