Chapter 16: I Am Thinking About You

Still humming softly, Ji Ah stayed unfazed and moved her pen nonchalantly over the pages of her notebook; drawing hearts, stars, circles, squares, writing alphabets from a to z.

Young Do seemed to be getting real annoyed now. He rattled her desk with his foot, completely deforming her favourite dialogue from a drama, yet Ji Ah carried on writing. He rattled her desk again when their teacher turned away and Ji Ah felt an earthquake shaking her, as she proceeded to put down jiggly words on the paper, with an admirable determination.

Sighing in exasperation, Young do leaned back in his chair and finally left her alone. Ji Ah couldn't hold back a small victorious smile breaking over her lips. Relaxing, Ji Ah went back to taking notes she had missed because of Young Do.

Hardly a minute had gone by when Ji Ah felt something soft hit her on the side of head. Her hand flew to the spot at once and her head instinctively snapped sideways. Young Do was staring straight ahead at the board with a small tight lipped smile and was tearing a piece of paper from his notebook. Ji Ah looked down to see a small crumpled piece of paper lying close to her chair.

Young Do crumpled the piece of paper in his hand and threw it at her without looking at her. Ji Ah flinched when it hit her on her forehead.

She scoffed at him before turning away.

Young Do continued to shower her with crumpled pieces of paper, rattling her desk in between, whenever their teacher turned his back to them, and Ji Ah continued to write in her notebook while also trying to maintain her patience.

A piece of paper hit her on the nose and another irritating earthquake shook her desk. She clenched her eyes shut in frustration, tightening her hold around her pen. She wanted to turn to him right now and yell at him that he was totally childish!

But Ji Ah pretended to be unconcerned. as she brushed some pieces of paper off her desk.

She sighed softly when the class finally came to an end, along with Young Do's paper showers and patience testing earthquakes.

Ji Ah pulled out her ink pot to refill ink in her pen before leaving. As Young Do made to move past her, he bumped into her desk.

Ji Ah sprang to her feet when the ink pot turned over, spilling ink over the desk and dribbling off it. She quickly picked up the ink pot, but the damage was already done. Her notebook and her skirt were now tainted with blue ink.

She gave him a hard glare, as Young Do turned around, and eyed her desk and her skirt with satisfaction.

Smiling derisively at her, he faked an apologetic look. "Sorry! I accidentally did it."

Ji Ah had had enough.

She heard shocked gasps from around them when she suddenly threw the leftover ink from the inkpot at Young Do. The smile wiped off his face in an instant. Ji Ah had intended to throw it at his face, but there was not much ink in the pot, so it landed on his neck and shirt.

"Sorry. I accidentally did it." Ji Ah said.

Young Do gave her a deadpan look for a few tense moments, then he bent his head, but when he raised his head again, an amused chuckle escaped his throat, as an unnerving smile had broken across his mouth.