Chapter 14: I Don't Even Understand Myself

Ji Ah was packing her stuff in class when Kang Ye Seol and her two friends approached her.

"Cha Ji Ah," Kang Ye Seol leaned against her desk. "We are going shopping after school. Do you want to join us?"

Ji Ah was taken aback by the out of blue offer.

"Erm..I think I am busy today." She saw Rachel glance at her once, as Ji Ah picked up her stuff and stood up.

Lee Hyun Bi regarded her with a haughty look on her face. "Then we can go tomorrow."

"Yeah." Son Oh Mi agreed. Kang Ye Seol also shrugged her shoulders in agreement.

"Um.. I am busy for some days. I am sorry." Ji Ah mumbled and hurried to leave the classroom.

During lunch, Ji Ah heard murmurs of Kim Tan having punched Young Do after he made Joon Young kneel. And Ji Ah actually spotted a bruised lip on Young Do when she threw a furtive glance in his direction where he sat with his lackeys.

This made her feel a bit better. Choi Young Do deserved it.

★★★★★

Her phone vibrated in her pocket, as Ji Ah walked out of the school gates. She pulled it out and her eyes darted around immediately upon seeing Choi Young Do's name on the screen. Thankfully, he was nowhere in sight. She slipped the phone back in her pocket and ran for her life.

Ji Ah squinted at the bright yet soothing sun, jogging through the pavement and stopped once to ask for directions. She detested delivery jobs, but a guy was absent on work today, so she had to fill in for him. Good thing, she was getting paid for it separately.

Ji Ah spotted the mechanic shop.

"Your food is here!" She said, upon pushing open the door.

Ji Ah placed the chicken box on the table and they paid her. She was counting the money when someone stepped closer. "How much is one chicken?"

"9000 won--"

Her hands froze, and she felt the blood draining out of her face. She slowly raised her head.

Choi Young Do was smirking down at her her with his arms crossed over his chest.

Why him?! Why him again?! Ji Ah thought miserably.

"Why our new money is delivering food around like a social care?" He said sarcastically, uncrossing his arms and arching a brow thoughtfully.

Ji Ah looked away, licking her lips and swallowing. She had nothing to say

"You didn't answer my call today." He reminded her, sounding smug, and Ji Ah looked back at him. "Answer my calls from now on." He raised his eyebrows in a sort of warning, before swaggering inside the shop. Ji Ah's glare followed him.

The sun wasn't soothing anymore when she stepped out of the shop.

She hated delivery jobs.

★★★★★

Ji Ah sat on her single bed, clutching her ringing phone in her hands. Choi Young Do's name was shining on the screen.