Chapter 24: What Kind of Person I Am?

What a jerk she had met. He knew that she was hesitant to reveal her family background, and he was using it.

He sat on his bike, smirking, and threw her the helmet. "Get on."

Ji Ah caught it, and glanced around, but Kim Tan was nowhere to be seen.

Young Do sighed dramatically. "Alright. Then what about if I tell you something interesting about Kim Tan?"

"Why would I want to know anything about Kim Tan?"

"Then do you want to know about me?"

"What?"

Young Do smiled and said, "You owe me something, do you remember?"

Ji Ah eyed him dubiously. She did not remembered taking any sort of help from him.

"You said you would have black bean noodles with me."

"You live in your head. I never said anything like that," she lied. She had only said that get rid of him.

"Besides," Young Do continued. "Kang Ye Seol and her friends are very curious about you. Particularly about your family and status. What an uproar it will cause at the school, can you imagine?"

In that moment, Young Do resembled the gossip girls precisely. Ji Ah closed her eyes, took a slow deep breath. Okay, it was better to talk. Let’s not anger him. I will only ask him what exactly does he want. For the last time. She had not forgotten what he had done to Joon Young. He was capable of making her life more miserable.

She put on the helmet and made to climb the bike. Young Do immediately turned the key and roared it as if he had been totally expecting her to comply. It irked Ji Ah and she wanted to back off. The bike itself was bothering her too. She never been on a thing like that. It looked dangerous enough.

But maybe it would not be the same as a car.

"What are you waiting for?" Young Do was staring at her.

She eventually climbed on awkwardly. It didn’t feel like herself. She again had a sense of being a square puzzle piece and getting thrust into a triangle.

"Drive slowly,” she said quietly.

She didn't hold him, nor he told her to do so, as they sped off. She held the handle behind her.

★★★★★

He was driving too fast. They had barely crossed to another street when her hands began slipping off due to sweat. A bead of sweat rolled down the side of her face under the helmet. She closed her eyes and sat stiffly. She was breathing but it didn’t feel like it. Her chest was constricting. She was going to slip off any moment now. Bike accidents were worse. If something collided into them right now or even grazed them, they might go spinning on the ground and nothing would remain of them – like in dramas. Or maybe only she was going to end up a mess, like every time.

It was hard – they were going at a high speed, and Young Do was not someone she wanted to hold tightly, but the latter didn’t matter in this situation.

She leaned forward, abandoning the handle behind her, and quickly wrapped her arms around Young Do’s waist. If he wouldn't stop the bike in a few seconds, she was going to scream.