Chapter 27: Now I Know Why You Act Like This Towards Me

Her anger was back.

Han Byul gasped, falling face first on the pavement near Ji Ah.

"Are you crazy?! Do you want to die?!" Han Byul screeched, ignoringWhen she looked up, her face contorted in pain as she clutched her elbow, Ji Ah saw a small bloody graze on her cheek.

But she didn't feel bad.

"If you go around spewing nonsense, Cha Ji Ah's Samchon would have your head," Ji Ah said. "You know that too, so don't act too arrogant yourself either."
her words. Ji Ah could bet she had never been kicked back before. Like all those spoiled brats at Shinwa High.

She moved to her feet, dusting her skirt. Her knee felt stiff. "And don't you dare approach me at the school," she said. "Or I will tell everyone you are my cousin. You can deal with the aftermath."

She could hear Han Byul's streak of curses as Ji Ah stalked away from her, down the pavement. It was nice speaking confidently, and setting someone like Han Byul on fire. Even if the confidence was only anger and lies.

★★★★★

Upon reaching home, she jumped under a warm shower, and quickly found herself regretting kicking Han Byul. She should have acted more responsibly.

But then Mr. Seo might want her to kick back Han Byul.

That stupid arrogant girl had been bringing up all that Mr. Seo had done a lot to bury. Han Byul was one of those people he had warned her about. Maybe Han Byul had no idea but Mr. Seo probably had something on her father.

So it had been the right thing to do. A man as scary as Mr. Seo had her back, so she should be confident (though it didn't feel like her). That was the only thing she could do for him: not becoming his weakness.

Her mind was still whirring with these thoughts when she stepped out of bathroom and found Kim Tan's missed calls on her cellphone.

She sighed. She didn't want to see him today, but it had be done.

They needed to clear somethings.

So she changed into warm clothes and texted Kim Tan the address for the cafe that was closest to her home. She had gotten used to walking, but mental fatigue was a thing too.

★★★★★

Ji Ah found Kim Tan sitting far too still for a human while he was waiting for her at the cafe. He looked up when she approached but didn't speak until she had sat down.

"Are you okay?" He asked. Was he really remorseful?

"I am. I have heard worse things," she said. That red rage from that day had started coiling around her again.

She had to stay calm. She had things to say that needed to be said clearly.

"I am sorry," Kim Tan apologized. "That day I was too–"

"Out of line." Ji Ah completed it for him, watching his face flicker with surprise and hurt. She tried not to care, but it was not easy. She had always been easily charmed by him. Maybe that was the [[[Cha Ji Ah's]]] heart and this is her. "Whether I have her face or her heart, that doesn't mean I have to continue her relationships. Even her Uncle who has done a lot for me, doesn't ask me to call him Uncle. It's all only on paper, only for show."

"Ji Ah I–"

"Let me speak, I don't want to repeat this conversation again. You should remember who I am, and I have my own life. If Cha Ji Ah's Uncle tells me to do something, I am obliged to do it. Mostly. But no one else has the right to dictate my life." She finished curtly.