22.

"Are you gonna have sex with him?"

I paused. I was in the shower trying to shave my legs, but with Dawn's excessive amount of questions I hadn't gotten very far. I stuck my head out from behind the curtain to look at her. She was attempting to straighten her hair, but kept pacing through the bathroom, leaving her straightener abandoned and hot on the sink.

"Finish your hair Dawn."

She gave me a look before turning back around to continue. "Well are you?" I sighed, my razor poised against my skin. "I hardly know him."

"That never stopped you before."

"That's funny coming from you." I shot back and I could hear her giggle from the other side of the shower curtain. "I think tonight could be the night." She began before concluding, "With Jake."

I could hear the smile in her voice. I wanted to tell her that they'd have to kiss first, but I didn't want to burst her bubble. Maybe that's what Jake was into. Seemed unlikely, but then again men were weird so who knows.

I finished up my shaving and grabbed my towel off the rack, wrapping it around my body. "I'm glad you're giving Lee a chance. He's adorable." Dawn assured me as I slipped past her out of the bathroom.

He was kind of adorable and he was more than thrilled by the idea of a fun little triple date when I'd asked him. I wanted to be thrilled, I knew I should be.

But I wasn't.

The afternoon continued on with us getting ready and checking the clock to make sure we wouldn't run late. Dawn had helped me pick out my dress, a small black thing that made my legs look long and my hips not so wide.

My hair was actually cooperating for me tonight, which felt like a good omen- like maybe tonight wouldn't be so bad. I stood in front of the bathroom mirror, which Dawn had long since ditched and attempted to put on my makeup. I felt jittery, nervous almost.

I hated that feeling and I hated it even more because I knew it had nothing to do with Lee.

"You almost ready? Jake is wondering when he should pick us up." Dawn called out from her room and I stopped what I was doing, confused. "Lee is taking me there."

Why would Jake assume he was picking us both up? I had a date. A man who was more than capable of driving me there. I almost felt a little offended. I was tempted to pick up my phone to text him and tell him so but I chose not to.

I didn't want the night to start off bad all because Jake thought my own date wouldn't be picking me up. I made a mental note to ask Posy about it later though. But as for right now, I was determined not to let Jake get under my skin.

I looked too good to let some long haired hippie in a boy band make me feel bad tonight. Even if he was more than just some long haired hippie in a boy band.

But not tonight.

I finished up my makeup and gave myself one last lingering look in the mirror. I was going on a date- with a guy I met at the boys concert. But a date nonetheless. I texted Lee, telling him that I was ready whenever he was.

He responded quickly with a thumbs up and a smiley face and then another letting me know he'd be on his way in a minute. We were planning on meeting everyone at this cute little outdoor cafe that Posy had picked out.

She had already texted me a few times, sending me a pic of her outfit and thanking God once again that I was coming. I wanted to be excited about our little triple date, but I was dreading it instead. I knew I shouldn't be going. It was supposed to be a double date.

And here I was, bringing one of their fans.

The thought alone made me feel funny all over again. But both Dawn and Posy were relieved I was going and Lee was just happy that we were going to be hanging out. I had no clue what Jake thought about all of it and I reminded myself that it didn't matter what he thought anyways.

"Jake's waiting for me in the parking lot!" Dawn yelled out, her voice growing near as she made her way to where I was still standing in the bathroom. "You look hot. I know Lee won't be able to keep his hands off you."

"Hush." I said, as I shoo'd her away, "Now hurry, he's waiting for you." Dawn grinned at me, doing a little twirl in her cute white dress before disappearing from my sight. Once I heard the door shut behind her, I let out a massive groan.

What was I getting myself into tonight?