24.

It did end up raining.

Not long after I returned to the table, little droplets began to fall from the sky. Although we were under those big umbrellas, it couldn't shield us for very long from the storm that was headed our way.

"Rain wasn't on the forecast." Jake said again as he approached us. "I'll be talking to you later." Posy muttered to him before pulling out her phone to look at the radar, "Jesus fuck. It's gonna be a big storm."

"Let's move this party elsewhere?" Lee suggested, the smile never fading from his face. I was thrilled that he was having a good time amidst all the chaos.

I couldn't get Jake's words out of my head. How rude he'd been in front of everyone. All the built up emotions flooding out of him once we were alone. I needed to be as far away from him as possible.

Dawn could sense that something was wrong. Her eyes kept darting back and forth between us, her brows furrowed close together like she was trying to figure it out. I hoped she wouldn't.

It didn't matter now- the stupid things that were said. We were no longer friends and I didn't want to pretend like we were.

"There's a bar down the street." Josh piped up, "Drinks on me?" Everyone besides Lee seemed a little on edge about continuing the night. Posy gave Josh a look, but he merely shrugged.

"Just cause Jake's being dramatic doesn't mean we can't all get drunk."

"I like free drinks." Lee assured him, reaching over to grab my hand. I flinched involuntarily, throwing him an apologetic look before allowing him to ease his fingers through mine. "Let's get going then." Josh said, motioning for everyone to follow him.

Posy glanced at me quickly, as though to make sure I was okay with the new plan. With my hand in Lee's, I nodded. I wasn't going to let what happened ruin my night. I was going to get shitfaced instead.

Josh quickly paid for our meals, throwing his jacket over his and Posy's head as they took off down the sidewalk. Everyone hurried to catch up, running in the rain behind them.

I knew the rain was ruining my hair and makeup but for once, I didn't care. I didn't have to worry about Jake anymore. Lee grinned over at me and I let myself smile back at him.

"My hair!" Dawn cried out from behind us, clinging to Jake's arm. "Is beautiful!" I yelled out to her, suddenly feeling giddy as the rain poured down harder against my skin. "It's right here!" Josh called from ahead, motioning for everyone to hurry up.

He was standing below a brightly lit sign, leading into a little hole in the wall bar. We all quickly ducked in, shaking the water from our skin all over the floor. The inside of the bar was crowded and loud, lit up with neon lights.

Lee was still clutching my hand and I let him. He seemed unfazed by the night we were having so far. He didn't care what Jake had said and never seemed to notice the weight behind the words. He was carefree and happy and I wanted to be a part of it tonight.

It wasn't too late to turn this little triple date around. I was here in a small little bar that smelled strongly of cigarette smoke, wearing a soaking wet dress, holding the hand of a man that I didn't really know.

And it felt good.

Josh ordered us a round of shots, sharing a secret smile with Posy as he did. "Is there a closet anywhere in here?" He asked, reaching out to tug at one of her wet curls. I watched them, happy in their own little bubble. I didn't know what they were talking about, but it was sweet either way.

"Their first kiss. Seven minutes in heaven." Jake said hoarsely, appearing at my side. "Oh," I muttered, "Okay." He didn't say anything else, but reached out for one of the shots instead. I grabbed one of my own and everyone else followed suit.

"I still hate shots." Posy yelled over the noise, tapping hers against the bar before throwing it back. "Took it like a champ though." I assured her and her laughter was cut short by a little shudder as the shot went down her throat.

"Some champ." She grinned back at me. I downed mine quickly and raised an eyebrow. "Another?"

"Another!" Josh called out from behind us. And another round of shots was ordered.