Episode 140: Kartik lashes at Nandini

Hey guys, here's the next episode. Please vote and comment.

Happy Reading..!!

<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•

Days had gone by.

It had been approximately one month since Kartik and Naira had attended Jahaan's birthday party. Everything was still the same between them. Kartik got indulged more into his work, thinking about ways to bring the Raichands down by any means. Nowadays Naira also accompanied him to office, so as to avoid Nandini's constant taunts and bickering at home that were lately getting on her nerves but still she remained tolerant and patient. No conversations about having a baby happened between them thereafter, until one day:-

DELHI

GOENKA VILLA

It was a fine Sunday afternoon

It was a fine Sunday afternoon. The weather was sunny after a heavy downpour for few hours. Everyone had retired to their rooms for having some rest after a hearty, full meal lunch. 

The scene shifts to Kaira Room

Kartik and Naira were lying on their bed, snuggled into the blanket and holding each other close. They were engrossed in watching a movie post meal. Darkness engulfed the room as the lights were off and the air conditioner was running at moderate speed. The light from the TV shone upon their hypnotized faces as they were watching a Hollywood action thriller. Sunday was the best and one of the most craved part of their week days because it was only on Sundays when they spent quality time with each other. The other days of the week, both of them were very busy with their routines. They used to return from office too tired to even begin a conversation. That is the reason, they craved for Sundays.

They were in the climax scene of the movie. They mystery plot was about to be revealed that Naira's phone started ringing all of a sudden, breaking their trance. Kartik paused the movie reluctantly and turned to her with an obvious upset face -

Kartik(curious): Kiska phone hai?

Naira(picking up the phone from the bedside table): Chachiji ka...

Kartik: (sighs) Theek hai tum baat karlo....mujhe bhi ek important call karna hai....accha hua interval lag gaya warna 2 ghante se movie dekhe jaa rhe thay continuously...(rubs his strained eyes)

Naira(concerned): Hnn Kartik....rinse your eyes thoroughly when you come back....dekho paani bhar gaya hai aapki aankhon mein....isliye bolti hoon light off karke movie nahi dekhni chahiye (leans closer and wipes the water from the corner of his eyes)

Kartik(smiling): I'll be right back....

He pecks on her lips affectionately and pulls away the blanket from above, getting off the bed. Pulling out his phone from the  charger, he walks out of the room lazily - still suffering after shocks of watching a soul- gripping movie and trying to sink in with the reality.