Chapter 6 - A Team Together✓

"Good Afternoon everyone! We have some very important news to disclose. We've been found out by the other nations, they are also closing in on the border. No need to panic though, we have it all under control. We doubt that any of them know the exact location of the village. But surprisingly it is rumored that the guardian has arrived here." The announcer reported. He was looking down at me, I quickly lowered my head in fear of being spotted.

"Surely this is not true, as we know the guardian left us in peace," He laughed it off, and everyone agreed and laughed it off as well. But I still felt his eyes piercing me. "If it was true and the other nations know where we've rebuilt. Then we'd have a couple of little spies in our mists." He joked but this time he sounded serious.

The crowd went silent. "No worries if it is confirmed we will have the village under serious lockdowns, curfews, and security at our borderlines." He assured the crowd. He continued to report other news in the village. We all stayed to listen, that was the most uncomfortable experience I have felt in my life.

"That is all for today, have a great rest of your day," The man finished, and he walked off to the back of the stage. The crowd dispersed, and only Zaya, Ryoko, Tatsuya, Kaida, and I were left.

"Do you think he knows what's going on?" I turned to Zaya and asked.

"It's not possible unless someone told Mr. Okizari." She replied gently but sternly. She turned a questioning look at Ryoko, Tatsuya, and Kaida. They looked startled, but she shook off the look instantly. Why is she so jumpy?

"Let's head for lunch," Zaya suggested. My stomach grumbled.

'She's right, we should have lunch. I haven't had a single thing since I came here.'

We walked away from the stage. Zaya led us to a small café in the middle of the square. The café had a small patio upfront with people dining.

We entered the café, which had a small area for eating and a bookshelf to take books and read. The place looked like a cozy bookstore, with knitted blankets. Little plants, light, and knickknacks hung from the ceiling. In front of the counter, there was a chalkboard showing today's menu. On the counter, there was a bottle of spices, herbs, and many more things. A friendly waiter stood behind the counter, with a smile on his face.

"Why do you find us a table in the back?" Zaya suggested. She hinted at the words in the back. She walked toward the counter and spoke to the waiter that was in the front. The rest of us headed to the back of the café. We spotted a table close to a window at the end of the café.

We all sat down, I sat down next to Ryoko and Kaida sat down next to Tatsuya. We waited for the waiter and Zaya to arrive.

"Cool tattoo. What are they for?" I say as I notice tattoos of a bunch of animals on Ryoko's arm, also trying to break the award silence. The tattoo covers most of his right arm which was not covered by his clothes

"Well, they're mainly for drawing out weapons," he explained.

'Weapons?'

"Wait, do you mean out of your body?" I ask. He nodded.

"I can't show you here, because of rules. But when in combat we can draw out our weapons called Element Embers." Kaida interrupted.

"Can I see your tattoos?" I asked Tatsuya and Kaida. They both nodded, Kaida pulled her sleeve up and turned her arm, so I was able to see a tattoo on her wrist. It was a crested flow of water. Tatsuya had shown me her leg revealing a burning fire on her ankle.

"What about yours?" Kaida asked curiously.

"Well . . . I don't have one?" I say this questionably.

'You have me and that's better than a tattoo,'

'Oh shut up'

'Tsk'

"You don't?" Ryoko replied.

"Well having an amulet that's better than a tattoo," I say unsure.

"What does that amulet do anyways," Kaida asked.

"Let's not talk about that here, okay?" Zaya appeared in front of us. She ‌sat down next to Tatsuya and Kaida. She pulled out the book from earlier, but this time it looked different.

"We have an even bigger problem now when Mr. Okizari was giving announcements. I stepped away from the crowd because the book was glowing. When I opened the bag it began to change. It now has an open slot for the amulet in front of the book. The words and pictures inside changed too when I flipped through." Zaya explained.

Kaida turned to me and asked, "Do you know what's happening?"

'The book is in danger and so are you,'

'Talila this is not the time for jokes'

'Honest I am not playing around, We have to start getting to that West Element Temple right now,'

'What's wrong then?'

'The guy that was on the podium, he seems very suspicious, like he knew what's going on,'

'As if we are not suspicious of him enough already, catch up please,'

'Fine don't believe me now, but we have to go,'

"La ... Ayla ... Ayla ... AYLA!" Ryoko yelled, waving his hand in front of my face, he was shaking me too.

"Huh? Sorry," I managed to get the words out. I ‌ snapped out of my little one-on-one talk with Talia.

"What's going on? What's wrong?" Zaya questioned in worry.

"Well, it's like bad news and good news put together?" I unsurely said.

"Then spit it out already!" Tatsuya exclaimed.

"Good news, we were right about Mr. Okizari being a suspicious suspect. Bad news, it means that we have to start heading up to the West Element Temple soon because Talila said the book and I are in danger." I explained.

"Right, I need you three to help guide Ayla to stop Tanwen and possibly the war, and take her to the West Element Temple as well, " Zaya stated with a serious tone. Zaya quickly hid the book as she saw the waiter approach.

"Here's your food," The waiter announced. He popped out of nowhere. The color drained from all of our faces when we saw him. Hopefully, he did not see the book or overhear us.

"Thank you," we all say in unison. He walked away after he set the food down.

"I don't know if we should be interfering with war," Ryoko replied with a worried tone. He looked at the others.

"You know she can't do it alone without our help, right? I mean she barely knows a single thing about this island," Kaida argued.

"I guess we can help," Tatsuya suggested.

"I might go, But it's only because I can't trust Tatsuya watching Kaida alone," Ryoko huffed. I giggled at his childish behavior, but I knew deep down he wanted to help.

"I am perfectly capable of doing such," Tatsuya stated, giving Ryoko a dirty look.

"Thank you," I told them all.