Chapter 23 - Magic Practice✓

We reached the tall black gates. Awaiting our arrival. We hopped off our unicorns, weird I know I am still getting used to it too. We walked to the gate, Tatsuya opened it, and after taking a glance at each other, we started heading toward the village. We passed through several streets lined with houses. We arrived at the main plaza.

"Let's stop at an inn first," suggested Ryoko.

"Are you sure that's wise? We could meet people that aren't too friendly." I suggested. I didn't pay attention to what we were walking, as I was thinking about what's been happening lately. It feels surreal having such powerful abilities without knowing how to use them properly or even if I'll end up being able to.

Suddenly someone bumped into me, nearly knocking me over, and causing me to lose balance. I stumbled forward, crashing against a wooden fence. Someone else also crashed against me, sending me tumbling to the floor. I groaned in pain, trying to get up, but someone else had already grabbed hold of me pulling me to a standing position.

"Are you alright?" The person asked. I turned and met his gaze. His eyes were bright blue with specks of gold. His blond hair stuck straight up at the front. He had a sharp nose and a firm jawline. He wore a white tunic with a brown belt around the waist, and brown pants with brown leather boots.

"Yes, I'm fine," I replied. He smiled and helped me up, grabbing hold of my arm and helping me stand straight.

I brushed myself off and started to walk back to the others. My mind wandered off to my friends who were waiting for me.

I turned around when I realized someone grabbed my arm softly, bringing me back into reality. I blinked twice a few times, trying to get my eyes to focus on whoever grabbed me.

"Hey," greeted Ryoko gently. "Are you okay?"

I nodded slowly, looking at him with a smile. He smiled back, patting my back softly.

"Come on, let's go inside already!" Tatsuya yelled. He had already pushed past us and gone into the inn. We exchanged glances and then proceeded to follow the rest of the group, smiling at each other the whole time.

.........

"You all look tired..." Ryoko's mom commented.

"A little," I said.

"A little? Baby, you have bags the size of apples." Ryoko's mom worried about grabbing my cheeks.

"Mom, we're out in public, people are looking."

"They can look for all I care, creeps." Ryoko's mom remarked.

"Well, let's hurry up and take a nap then!" Kaida exclaimed.

"Don't you think you're being a bit too eager for that?" Tatsuya asked. We all laughed softly at her. She rolled his eyes and pouted slightly.

"If you're going to sleep for a while, maybe you need something to eat as well? You must be hungry." The sister's mother suggested.

"Food sounds good," I agreed as the others nodded.

"Then let's get some food!" Tatsuya announced cheerfully.

..............

In less than 10 minutes I sat in the dining area with everyone around me, eating a big dinner. After a couple of minutes of discussing our plans and what would happen after the war, we finished dinner.

..............

I was lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling as I thought about what had just happened today.