Chapter 14 - Separate ways✓

Everything was overcast, and the winds were picking up. Winds so strong that you can hardly stand; palm trees bending over, branches breaking off. Trees and plants sprung from the ground, and some of them joined us in the hurricane. Water was splattering all over the place.

My eyelids fluttered open; I was circling in the hurricane, which was not a pleasant situation. I couldn't tell if I was floating or falling. It was difficult to tell because I am becoming increasingly dizzy. I grabbed a floating or falling tree trunk, not the finest of ideas, but then again, none of my ideas are excellent.

I need to get on the ground as soon as possible, but first I need to locate the rest of the group.

"Ryoko! Tatsuya! Kaida! Krios! Wyvern! Scylla! Dalinda?" I screamed at the top of my lungs. I'm aware that they're probably not hearing me. The hurricane suddenly disintegrated in a matter of seconds, and the next thing I know, I'm falling swiftly.

I landed in a large pond that wasn't particularly soft. I scraped a few places and thought I broke my wrist, but it looks and feels good. So, where am I now? I rose up and took a glance around.

I saw my bag in the distance, and fish surrounded it. I strolled over to my bag, and the fish went their separate ways. I walked over the land and observed a city in the distance; perhaps the rest of the gang is staying at an inn there for the time being.

As I looked down at my soaking clothes, I realized I should go there as well and change my clothes. I began my journey to an unfamiliar city. When I arrived in town, I took a look around. There were numerous market stalls. I finally found a place to stay while I'm here.

.........

Oh, my head... My eyelids immediately open to see that I am lying in bed. My arm is now in a sling and my head is bandaged. I jumped to my feet and peered around the room. My jewelry is next to me on the desk. I snatched it with my strong arm and slipped it on. What am I doing? A small child entered through the open door.

"Oh, you're awake," she commented.

"Mommy, the guest is awake!" She screamed at her mother. The girl took the chair adjacent to the desk, drew it up near the bed, and sat.

"I was worried that you wouldn't wake up." She went on to say.

"Yasmine! You shouldn't holler because you might scare our visitors." Her mother said as she entered the room holding a bowl.

"I apologize for the noise. "How are you feeling?" She inquired with real concern.

"Yes, I'm fine; thank you for your assistance." "However, I do have a question," I say.

"Go ahead," she said.

"What exactly happened?" I inquired.

"A few hours ago, there was a flash hurricane, which we don't get very often here." As she untied the bandage on my head, she said. Oh, I was swept away in a hurricane, separated from the group, and then blacked out from all the spinning.

"And then you just fell out of the sky!" Yasmine screamed.

"Yasmine, please stop yelling!" Her mother chastised her.

"Well, we heard a loud thud in our backyard," the wife explained while cleaning the wound.

"I looked outside the window and found you dead," Yasmine said.

"He was not dead, but he was unconscious," her mother explained.

"And you were laying on the ground on your back," she remarked as she bandaged my head once more.