Chapter 31 - Talila✓

There was no reply. Nothing.

"Where are you?" Still nothing. My heart sank. She must have left. My legs began to weaken as anxiety set in. I suddenly remembered something. Something important. My necklace!

I started thinking frantically about where it could be. But I didn't let that bother me; if the link had broken, there was no way she was coming to save me.

She was gone.

I closed my eyes.

Now, she is gone.

My hands began shaking as fear began building up in me again. I was alone.

This wasn't good.

Maybe it had fallen off during our fight. I didn't want to waste any time looking for her or I might miss something vital. So I focused back on the link and concentrated as hard as I could. In my mind, I pictured the necklace. The image grew clearer and clearer. Suddenly I could see it hanging there, on my neck.

"Talila!?"

I shouted. I felt a sudden jolt run through my body and my whole body seemed to float slightly above the ground, I was starting to lose consciousness, and my vision blurred. "Shit shit shit shit!" I shouted trying to focus on anything else than my weakness.

"Ayla?" It spoke.

"Talila!" I yelled back.

"Yes? Where are you? Are you hurt? Why are you screaming my name like that?"

"I'm hurt, yes I am!" My words came out slurred and muffled.

"Ayla! Is that you?"

"Yes, but Okizari..."

"Okizari! Oh my god! I'll come to get you as soon as possible, ok?"

"Yes... please hurry..."

"What?"

"Please hurry... I can't move anymore." I whispered.

"Where are you?" It asked.

"In the room..."

"What room? Tell me where you are."

"Okizari's room." I managed to say.

There was no response. I couldn't quite understand what happened. I was losing consciousness. Everything around me became dark and indistinct, I heard noises, but I didn't know what they were. I couldn't move my arms, I couldn't move my legs.

My entire body felt heavy. It became increasingly harder to keep my eyes open. But, as I felt my consciousness slipping, sleep took over me.

The sound of footsteps was getting louder. Was that Okizari? I don't know.

Everything went black.

* * *

"Okizari! You better answer me right now!" A booming voice screamed. The voice echoed throughout the halls.

Ryoko . . .

I immediately sprung to the door and pressed my ear against it.

"Shut up, there." A guard shouted.

"What are you doing with her!" Ryoko roared.

"Things you could never understand," Okizari chuckled.

"Pervert," Ryoko spat.

"Now your mother on the other hand, we could say she's quite the looker," Okizari teased.

"You son of a–,"