Chapter 16 - Feelings✓

When Kano and I reached the city, I saw striped canopies shading the storefronts. Colorful and welcoming displays in store windows; sapling trees spaced out along the sidewalk. We kept walking till we reached an inn in the city.

"I think you can take it from here right? Cause I need to get back to fishing." Kano exclaimed.

"Yes, thanks for your help," I replied and waved him goodbye. As I walked into the building, I saw Krios walking down the stairs.

"Kaida!" Krios called out, running down the stairs.

Kiros had seen me limp into the building and ran over to my side.

"You're pretty banged up," he chuckled.

"Falling out of a hurricane is funny, now mind helping me?" I huffed.

"Alright." He complied.

"Thanks," I replied.

He lifted me off my feet and carried me upstairs to a room. He set me down on a bed and pulled out first aid.

"Did you find your sister?" he asked.

"Not yet," I sighed.

"I found Ayla and we worked out a plan. Having known that we would have to bring the rest of our group here, I told the innkeeper we would pay at the end of the week and a little extra. In the meantime, she'll be searching for the rest of us, while I'll search for jobs we can do to cover the inn," He told me as he wrapped my head.

"Great idea, but how will we communicate if one of us gets lost again." I was tired.

"We'll have to figure that out later, but you're ready to go for now." He replied and patted my head.

"Thanks," I added

"You should stay here just in case one of us comes back injured," He answered.

"Alright, where are you going through," I Questioned

"Job?" He replied

"Right, good luck!" I responded

He nodded and left.

.........

I had been walking for hours on end with the bounty hunters and Dalinda. It didn't help the fact that she was a hungry dragon and that she would eat anything that looked edible. She started chewing on Gurto's shirt from the back; hanging on by a mere thread. Akiko and Ruki were holding in their laughter. For a dragon, she was pretty light; that might have been why he didn't notice until she was hanging on the sleeve.

"一ERN, TATSUYA!?" Someone called from a distance.

"Stay back," Ruki told me defensively.

"I can defend myself you know," I retorted.

"With a head injury? I think not," he insisted

"Tatsuya?" Ayla called as her head popped out from the side of the tree.

"Ayla? What are you doing here?" I lilted.

"Funny story, I lost myself trying to find you in the city but ended up in the woods." She explained.

"Well you can join us, we're headed to the city anyway," Gurto suggested.

"Thanks, and you found Dalinda. It saves me plenty of time." She sighed

"How did you find Kaida?" I asked

"No, now I realize we don't have a form of talking if we get separated." Ayla sheepishly giggled.

"That's something we have to discuss when regrouping," I said.

"You girls are done talking, we have to keep moving," Akiko asked.