Chapter 4

3rd pov

"Are you sure?"

"No, but Silva is testing the girl this morning so we should have some more answers soon," Dowling admits, "However, she is the right age and the resemblance is uncanny."

"Is there anything else I should know before my trip?"

"She can blind someone without damaging them."

Outside the barrier

Stella, Terra, and Musa stare at an injured Silva as Aisha has left to look for Bloom. As the girls had come out for Stella's ring, "Okay Stella, you go and look for Bloom with Aisha and Musa and I will get Silva back to the school."

No one argues with her and quickly set off to do what they were told. Silva tells the girls to stay back as he can't see with the infection from his injuries. Using her magic Terra binds his hand that is pointing a sword at them causing him to drop it. They quickly gather him up and each slip an arm over their shoulders before heading back. Without the group's knowledge, Stella has slipped back into the school after Aisha had given her a talking to. 

She is talking with Sky when Silva is brought in. Sky hurries after them. Professor Harvey is treating him when Dowling flies into the room after a fairy named Beatrix informed her about the attack. Professor Harvey praises Terra for her quick thinking before returning to treat Silva.

"How bad is it," Sky asks about his father figure.

"I'll be alright Sky," he winces, "Let Professor Harvey do his work," Sky falls silent afterward, "Can we have the room guys," the students go to leave, "Wait, Terra, who was all there?"

"All I saw were specialists, there was no one else."

"Thank you," they leave before Silva lays down with his head on Dowling's lap, "Scarlet was there. I don't know what happened to her or if she is hurt, but she is not dead. I heard her scream. We need to find her."

"Harvey get plenty of Zanbaq ready for the Specialists. We'll have them start at the place of the attack," Dowling huffs, "I just told Queen Luna about her. We can't lose her now."

"Send Marco," Silva states before he slips off to sleep.

Scarlet's pov

I can feel the monster but I can't see it. I was able to stop it from killing Silva but in turn, I got hurt. I can hear people approaching but I can't stop shaking to answer them. It sounds like my roommates. Then I hear something sniffing me, then the scent of burnt flesh fills my senses. I let out a grunt as the monster picks me up. Not drags, but picks me up. I go to push away from it but am drawn into its' memory by the simple touch of my hand.

They are people. People that were turned into these things and they are old. My energy leaves me making my hand fall, cutting the connection. I don't understand why it has not killed me yet though. I let sleep overtake me since there is nothing I can do. 

This cycle continues for a few days. I can tell due to the lack of heat from the sun on me. At night the Burned One stops and lays me down gently. I don't know how but this seems to help stop the infection from spreading. My eyes are still glazed over in darkness but my symptoms don't progress. It's like, they are trying to protect and preserve me. I can't tell how far we have gone but I do know it is a good distance from Alfea. 

3rd pov and a few days later.

"Bloom, where is Scarlet," Terra asks, "I haven't seen her in two days."

"I don't know," Bloom truthfully answers. The other girls look at her with confused faces. "She has a record of going off for a few days and then showing back up."

"What do you mean," Musa joins the conversation. Everyone stops what they are doing to listen.

"Scarlet is adopted. She has a record with the state for disappearing for days on end before showing back up," She continues to get dressed, "She did it once or twice with us. Then it turned more into a slipping-out for the night type of thing," all the girls turn and look at her.

They all look at each other before Bloom races out of the room and straight to Dowling's office. Aisha stands as Bloom bursts into Head Mistress Dowling's office. Silva and Farah stop talking at the sound of the door opening with such force, "Bloom, what do yo-"

"Scarlet is missing," Bloom starts pacing, "I didn't notice till now because she has a record for leaving for days at a time before my family adopted her. She even did it a few times with us."

Silva stands with the help of his stick, "We know," he starts, "She was with me at the time of the attack. We have our best men out looking for her. Marco is the best Fairy to graduate from here and Noura is the best Specialist that I have had in a long time."

Bloom stops and just looks at them, "Is she... is she dead?"

"No, at least not to our knowledge," Farah answers this time, "The burned ones took her."

"How long does she have if she is injured?"

"If she is hurt, she has till the infection reaches her heart," Silva grunts before sitting back down, "When that will be is hard to tell. It would depend on where and how deep the wound is."

"Go and enjoy the party Bloom. Be with your friends," Farah gently orders,  "We will keep you updated when we have something."