Chapter 12

Third POV

"What do you mean you can't touch her,"  Silva demands as he rushes toward a glowing Scarlet. Marcus' hand looks as if it is floating as he tries to touch her, "Go and fetch Professor Harvey Marco. Noura, stay with me."

Doing as the Headmaster orders, Marco leaves. Noura watches as Silva's hand can pass through the glowing haze. He starts turning her over and checking for wounds. Coming up empty, he starts undoing her belt and jeans, knowing that was where she was originally hurt. When he gets them moved down enough just to see her injuries, he watches in amazement as the black trails of poison start to fade, "How, what..." Noura mumbles, watching the same thing. 

"Silva," Harvey calls out, joining them. He sets his bag down and quickly grabs the zanbaq, "I sent Marco for Dowling."

"Look," Silva pulls his attention toward Scarlet.

All three on-lookers watch as the black veins disappear before their eyes. Even once the veins have left, the glowing stays around the young Duchess. Deciding that they need to keep this under wrap, Silva picks her up and carries her back to his room, "Silva," Dowling opens the door to his room. Her eyes widen as she takes in the sight before her, "No one must know of this till we can figure out what happened. Not even Queen Luna."

"How will we keep her advisor, Jackson, away from her tomorrow? Let alone her Solarian guards," Noura points out the most complicated obstacle that awaits them. 

"No matter what we say, he will want to see her," Harvey agrees.

"Not if we say that she is studying her book," Silva adds, "We will station Noura inside the room with a fairy and two Specialists outside by the door. They will let no one in. Not even Dowling when she stops by for a visit."

"Say that it has to do with her legacy as a Shadow Fairy," Dowling nods, liking the plan, "Very little is known about how they practice. We will capitalize on that."

After sending everyone out of the room, Silva sits at his desk, settling on finishing some papers as he waits for his guest to wake up.

Scarlet POV

A warm feeling encompasses me. I can feel my energy returning to me as the warmth continues to hold me. I rest in its hold. The feeling is fading away too soon, and a new medium is under me. This one is soft and feels like a blanket. I blink away the fog from my eyes to be greeted with a specialist room. Only it is not my own. Despite the energy I felt returning to me earlier, I don't have enough to sit up. Turning my head to the click that is the door opening, I see Silva coming in. 

The way he is coming in tells me that he is hiding something, and the surprise on his face when he turns around and sees me confirms this, "Scarlet, can you hear me?"

"Yes," I answer, "Can you help me sit up?"

"How do you feel," he asks, helping me sit up and leaning against the wall, "What do you remember?"

"I feel okay, just a bit tired, but other than that, fine," I run my fingers through my ponytail, "I remember working out and then warmth."

"When I came and saw you, a white glowing wave covered you," he explains, "All your wounds healed," he points to the spots where I had been attacked by the burned ones, "Completely gone. Professor Harvey is checking a few things; however, I believe your book would be of more use."

"Why am I in your room," I have noticed the few pictures of him and Sky.

"This happened last night. We didn't know how long you would be out. Also, knowing your distrust for the advisor that Queen Luna left for you, we thought that hiding you would be for the best."

"What time is it?"

"Noon."

"I should go and change and get ready for when Jackson breaks into my room."

After checking to ensure no one was in the hall, Silva let me return to my room.  Noura greets me from the couch.  I change into the training gear that the specialists have. I enjoy having long sleeves that are made out of sports material. I glance at the box that holds the book my mother left for me. I use my shadows to bring it to me and sit on my bed.

Healing, or moon. Which to look for first? Flipping to the moon sections first, a few things jump at me. Things that Dowling and maybe Silva should know and no one else. Not ever Bloom right now.  She is too much of a loose cannon at the moment. A loud knock comes to the outer door of the suite. After locking my book back in its box I exit my bedroom to be greeted by Solarian guards and a ticked-off Jackson, "I demand to see Duchess Scarlet at o-"

"You are in no place to demand anything," I cut him off. Noura steps aside so that Jackson can clearly see me, "Thank you, Noura. I will meet you at the training field once I grab something to eat," she takes this comment as her chance to leave. 

"Your Grace, I have been trying to meet with you all morning, and they would not ev-"

"I ordered them that I was not to have any interruptions. I was going over the book my mother had left me," I flick my wrists bringing shadows to my hand, "And there are parts of it that I have to go over by myself. No interruptions."

"Queen Luna wanted me to offer you a spot at the royal palace," Jackson continues, "Princess Stella has returned to the palace to continue training under her mother. It will be arranged if you wish to move up your timeline and move into the palace."

"For now, I will stay here. We will continue with our original plan."

"Very well," Jacksonsteps to the side, "I believe you were going to eat?"

Having the Solarian guards following me around doesn't help with the whispers I get. Ignoring them, I grab a protein shake, a sandwich, and an apple before going outside to the training grounds. Silva meets me on the edge of the field, making the guards back off as they know not to test him.  When Silva trains me, he trains me with weapons mostly, although we do spar with our fist fights. Well more like he has me spar with someone else.

As the week goes on, I have been avoiding something. I stay busy with training and studying the book that I have. It keeps me from thinking about the phone call that I will have to make and from dealing with Bloom. We haven't spoken to each other since the other night. Gathering up my courage, I order my guards to leave me and head straight to her room. Her suite mates look at me as I enter and head straight for her room. 

Shutting her door and using my magic to block it, "We need to talk."