Chapter 13

In chance I forgot the warnings for this book, here they are. Blood, gore, abuse, death, and war.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"About what," Bloom asks, not turning around to look at me.

"I can understand wanting to know where you come from," I move and sit on her bed, "And Dowling not sharing or knowing all the answers. But I am your sister. I can't help if I don't know what is happening inside your brain."

"Why, so you can run and tell her or Silva?"

"No. I would only do that if you were planning on hurting yourself. No other time," she turns her chair to look at me, "I would never betray your trust."

"Beatrix took me to a city called Aster Dell. She said that Dowling, Silva, and Professor Harvey destroyed the city," tears come to her eyes, "I'm from Aster Dell; they killed my parents, and ever since we came back, they have been watching me to see if I am working with Beatrix."

"Why not tell them what she said? I know for sure Silva would not kill a town full of people," she tries to but in, "Trust me on that point. You can't get any other details from them if you shut them out, and how do you know if you truly are from Aster Dell?"

"What do you mean how do I know?"

"Did you take a DNA test from someone that lived there? Are there records, pictures, or even a video," I watch her face drop, "I'm not saying that you are not from there, only not to jump at the first possibility, only to land on your face?"

"That's rich coming from you," she snaps, getting in my face. I stand so that we are on a more level field, "Go back to your royal family. You know, the one that you just excepted and forgot about the family that took you in."

Taking a deep breath, I unlock the door and take my leave. The other girls can only watch as I leave, and Bloom slams her door shut. I head to the training field; at least here, I can knock people on their backsides if I want to; just as I am about to reach the field, my phone rings. Matt's I.D. flashes on the screen. Adding the hour difference I had told him before, it would be right for him to call Jo Jo me. It would be about eight o'clock in Sweden.

"Hello."

"Hello Scar," a male voice on the other end answers, "What not happy to hear from me? I wouldn't either under the circumstances."

"Hello, Josh."

"You've bailed out of your last three fights," his mocking tone makes me want to burn something, "I am hoping that you have your payment in full since?"

"My parents sent me to boarding school, as I know you know since you also know that I was in the hospital from an allergic reaction."

"Yet you're alive," his tone drops, "and still my property."

"I have part of the payment ready."

"Not good enough, Scar," his monotone voice tells me he is pissed, "You will have to fight to finish the payment."

"I told you, Josh, that I can't."

"Now that is not the little fighter that I know," He chuckles on the other end of the line.

"I don't think you understand," I try and keep my voice in check, knowing that any little thing could give me away, "My parents shipped me out of the country, to Sweden, to a boarding school to get my life together with my little adopted sister."

"Tell me where, and I will come and get you."

"Not that simple," I hiss. I look up to see Silva watching me from across the yard, "Look, I have a weekend off in a week. I can be back in town then. This is the last one, got it."

"Your debt will be paid with this one," he agrees.

Silva has started to walk toward me, "I want it in writing," I demand. I hold my hand out, hopefully silencing Silva before he messes up my negotiations, "I will bring two, no, three people with me. They are not to be messed with."

"Why would I mess wi-"

"I'm serious," I cut him off, "Remember that run-in with our friends for Italy last year? These people make it look like child's play."

"Always getting into trouble, I see."

"One week Josh."

"One week."

I hang up the phone before looking at Silva, "You wanted to know what happened. How I learned to fight as I do," he nods, "Well, in one week, you get your chance to know. Till then, I don't want to hear a thing about it."

"Very well," I can tell he is trying to read me, "I will have you train with Sky and Riven till this is done. Am I correct in believing that Farah will be among the three."

"Yes, along with you and Sky as well."

"If we have to go back to the first world, I don't think Dowling will want to leave the school and have me leave simultaneously."

"She won't have a choice," I huff, "I need her to make my plan work."

"Take a walk," Silva orders, "Come back in an hour," and I will have Sky, Riven, and another person for you to spar with."

With a nod, I start making my way to the stone circle. I can feel my magic itching to be let out. Let out and take out a man that made me grow up to fast. A man that uses fear to keep people in line and doesn't care how many people he kills. He wants his money, and nothing will stand in his way.

As soon as my feet cross the border of the stones, I unleash a scream from my lungs that would shake the earth. In fact, it did. The stones shook as I screamed. Shadows, light, and wind swirl around me. I let my emotions out, knowing that no one would get hurt if I did so. The shadows swirl tightly, almost like a hug, around me. My knees thud against the ground as I let it all out. All the years I kept it bottled up racks me with sobs as it all overcomes me. I let it and simply curl in on myself. A faint thud of boots alerts me that someone is coming. The green shirts of the two guys give me some comfort till I see who it is. Sky and Riven race to me as they scan the area for threats.

Sky reaches me first and gently looks me over for injuries, "Go and get HeadMistress Dowling and -"

"No," I gasp out.

"I'll get Silva," Rivern leaves with that.

"Breath, Scarlet, just breath," Sky whispers, pulling me into a hug, "Just Breath."