Chapter 14

"Just breath," he continues rocking me back and forth, "Silva will be here soon."

The lights I first produced have left, and all the remains are my shadows. They are still swirling, only now making a big orb around me. Guarding me. Riven and Silva soon enter my line of sight. Silva carries a bag with him, most likely filled with medical supplies. He says something to Riven because he slows to a stop near the bend that meets the trailhead.

"Scarlet," Silva states, having stopped his running. He waits for my nod to him before approaching me. My shadows have dropped to the ground, only floating there, "Is it okay that Sky stays as we talk?"

"Yes."

"Was this all because of your phone call a few minutes ago?"

 I nod but take a few moments before answering, "Yes, I thought a friend was calling me. That was the only reason that I answered." 

"What did he want," I look at him with a questioning face, "You had your phone volume extremely loud so I heard a male voice," I  slowly sit up and pull my knees into my chest, "Does it have to do with the meeting that will happen next weekend?"

"It's not a normal meeting. Josh is not a normal guy," Silva's face is questioning me for more information, "I grew up in the system. Foster homes, orphanage type thing," he nods for me to continue, "One thing leads to another. I ended up owing Josh a lot of money, and he has a signed contract.  To pay for it, I had to work for him. I am a fighter for him," I look at the ground, not wanting to see the pity or guilt in his eyes.

"Why are you going back? You are here now, and he can't get you?"

"My adopted family," I lock eyes with him, "They took me in and didn't give up on me. He will take it from them if I don't show up to settle my payment."

"Will you be up for a fight by the end of the week?"

"I have to be."

After threatening to just disappear into the night, Silva lets me spar with Riven, Sky, and Marco.  I spar with them all week. I skip my Fairy classes to focus on preparing for the match I have back in the First World. Mr. Jackson has been on my tail every other time that I am not training, bugging me about my studies with the book my late mother left me and telling me I needed to start my royal studies as soon as possible.  Queen Luna pulling  Stella from school has not helped. This means I need to be ready as quickly as possible to be introduced to the whole nation and the rest of the planets. 

As the weekend draws closer, I set up everything back in the First World.  I check to see when my fight is and to remind Josh about my three guests. After fighting with Dowling all week, Saturday night, our group loads into Solarian vehicles. We are using two. A Specialist, Marco, and Riven are riding in one, along with Dowling, and Silva, Sky, myself, and some other guy in the second one. 

Listening to my instruction Riven and Marco stay with Dowling after she exited her vehicle. Silva is glued to Sky's side. Taking the lead, I walk up to the club front, my look complete with jeans, a grey tank top, a leather jacket, and running shoes. The bouncer looks new and gives me and my group a once over before looking at his list, "Name," he demands. Letting the right shoulder of my jacket slide down my arm. Showing off my tattoo.

"Look again," I state, making him look up at me. With a small nod to my shoulder, he quickly lets us in ahead of the line of people to our right. I turn around and flash Riven a smile.

"How are we going to get inside," Riven asked as we waited for Dowling and Silva to join us. 

"Don't worry about it," I answer as I stretch out, "we'll get in."