Chapter 8

Scarlet POV

For the next week, Marco and Noura, or Silva and another female specialist by the name of Kate, follow me around. Even when I am in Fairy Classes, they are there. Eating, they are there. Sleeping, Kate and Noura are my new roommates. In other words. I have no privacy. On the other hand, Professor Harvey still has no idea why parts of me are healed, in the process of healing, or not getting better. 

Terra has been nice to share her thoughts with me, and she even helps her dad with treating me.  No one other than my guards, Dowling, Quenn Luna herself,  Stella, and Bloom, official know who and what I am. Sky knows since he stayed and listened in, and I am sure that Stella told him as well the moment that she left the meeting. 

Somehow I managed to slip away from my guards, and I am resting on the training mat that the Specialist. I see Sky walking with his hands in his jacket pocket, "Sky," I call him over. 

He complies and joins me, "Where are your guards?"

"I was able to slip away for a few minutes," I stand up, "Could we spar," I ask. He starts to shake his head, "Please, I need to stay in shape and this will test his much I have truly healed."

"If Silva finds out that I agreed to this..."

"Then I order you as the Shadow Duchess of Solaria. Spar with me."

He grins before joining me. We work with our hands and even work a little with swords. We get into a good dance, meeting each other's strikes and returning them. However, my lack of training with weapons and lack of strength shows quickly. With a swift sweep of my leg, Sky knocked me flat on my back and has his sword at my throat, "Not bad for still being sick."

Chuckling, I stay as I am to catch my breath when, "Drop your sword in the name of the Queen!"

I lift my head to see a hand full of the Solarian Army standing behind a man in a suit. With their bows or blasters pointed at Sky, he takes a step back. I slowly sit up and see Silva jogging over to us with Marco and Noura behind him. The man in the suit quickly makes his way toward me. I stand to meet him but stumble, causing Sky to catch me. This makes the soldiers respond quickly by racing over, pulling us apart. 

The smell of burnt flesh enters my nose. I elbow the monster creating space around me. It comes for me again, but I use the sword in my hand to keep it at bay. Another joins the hunt; however, it stays behind me to keep me from running. Every time it tries to advance I push it back. I'm so focused on the two that I don't see the third. It tackles me to the ground. I thrash and claw at it. It roars in my face.

"..let." a voice calls out to me, "Scarlet," it grows louder, "Scarlet, you're safe. It's Silva. You're safe." 

The face of the monster fades and is replaced with Silva. Angry red lines mark his face, "HeadMaster Silva, remove yourself from the Duchess," a new voice states matter of factly. He doesn't move from his place on top of me. He lets me focus on him and ground myself, "The Queen will not be happy about this incident, Silva, and the longer you ignore my command, the angrier she will be."

"Silva," I whisper out.

"What do you see," he asks.

I look over his shoulder, "The blue sky, your green shirt, and black hair."

"Good. We're going to sit up alright, slowly," I give a small nod, "One, two, three," he helps me sit up. I noticed that one of the guards had a wound on his arm in the same spot where I had landed a hit on the monster, "No! Stop that," Silva orders moving my face so that I can only see him, "It was not your fault. We are going to take you to Prossefor Harvey and see if the poison is spreading again."

"Okay."

"Sky, help the Duchess."

"That is not happening," the man in the suit starts.

"I will deal with you and your men later," Silva snaps, "Right now, the Duchess' health comes first. Marco, if one of them takes a step forward, use your magic."

With Sky and Silva on either side of me, they lead me away from the new group of men and back to my room. Noura is there with Harvey and Dowling. Once I am laid down, Harvey moves to check me, "No," I grunt, "Check Silva first," he still moves to check me. I form a black flame of my magic, "Check him first."

"I'm fine, Scarlet," Silva comes into my field of view, "You only scratched me a bit. You're sick let Harvey help you."

After checking him over with my eyes, I can see that he is okay and let Harvey start to treat me. Everyone stays quiet as we wait for him to find something new; however, in true Harvey style, he won't tell us till the end, so I decided to fill the silence, "Who was the idiot in the suit?"

"That idiot, as you put it," Dowling starts, "is Alexander Jackson. He is to be your tutor and adviser. He was appointed by Queen Luna herself."

"And the guards?"

"They will be added to the forces that I had already put into place."

"Why are they he-" I grit my teeth as Harvey hits a sore spot, "They will just draw unwanted attention."

"Sky," Dowling tries to dismiss him.

"No, he stays," everyone looks at me strangely, "What? You want to send out the only person here besides my sister that I trust and see as a friend. Don't get me wrong, I love the girls back in Bloom's suite, but I don't know them well enough to trust them like I do, Sky."

"Why is that," Silva presses. 

"Because he and I have both been through fire. His loyalty to you, Silva, the friend of his father who raised him. He is loyal to his friends even if they don't treat him the best. He has never once pushed me to talk about things that I don't want to," everyone is looking at Sky. Except for Silva, he is staring at me, "and because I know it would hurt him more to betray or lose the trust of those he holds dear. Because he would rather dye than do that."

********************************************************************************************* 

Hello everyone. Sorry that I have not posted this month. I was waiting for the new season to come out so that I could check my timeline and plot. Yes, I make changes and add my own characters' plotlines, but I still want them to flow together. If you haven't seen the new season, you need to watch it. I should hopefully have season one finished by the end of the month. I have to make a few changes due to the new season, but other than that, the chapters should come out quickly. Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoy it.

Sincerely 

       The author