Chapter 46: A Major Setback

Having fully rid the island of titans and taken control of the port, it was finally time to have the council move onto the last phase of your plan before the Liberation, which was to prepare the infrastructure necessary to support the large population you were planning to bring.

This included building entire towns with housing, transport and industrial facilities, among others. The astronomical cost that it would incur was what had the government push it's approval this far back in the first place. However, having completed your end of the agreement, the council should have no problem moving ahead with it.

At least that's what you thought. Just a week or so before the final meeting was supposed to take place, Paradis had a visitor. Until then, Marlean Ships had begun paroling the waters around Paradis to survey your actions. But, they never made landfall.

One day however, a ship came pretty close to Paradis. Seizing the opportunity, Annie and Eren transform and carry the ship onto land. It wasn't a battleship as there were only a handful of soldiers on board. In fact, the crew itself amounted to the bare minimum required to operate it.

You take them captive and try to get information out of them, but they refused to share anything. You send word to the rest of the Survey Corps and Hange arrives a few days later with the torture equipment to force the information out of them. Before she could begin however, Rico notices another ship making its way towards Paradis.

Eren transforms and once again carries the ship to land. This time however they were better prepared as it was likely a rescue operation. They arm themselves and point their rifles towards Hange as she approaches them.

She uses one of the captives named Nicolo as a hostage and slowly makes her way up the cliff to confront the Marlean soldiers. "Welcome to Paradis!" She yells in excitement, completely ignoring the extremely hostile atmosphere in a way only she could do.

She continues, "My name's Hange Zoe! You must be tired after the long trip across the ocean, right? Please come right this way, we'll have a nice discussion over some tea. Don't worry, see we've already made good friends with your companions who visited us ahead of you?"

As Levi held his blade against Nicolo's back, he yells, "Captain! Don't worry about me. Shoot these demons dead!"

As he did, the Captain responds, "Listen well you island demons. We have no ears to lend to you scum and we won't stoop so low as to drink that hog-piss you call tea."

That last line was sure to have offended Levi as he responds, "Take a good look at the titan behind you and try to understand your position."

He hesitates for a second, but pulls himself together and yells, "We won't be intimidated by you demons. Here's what Marley has to say to you—" As he loads his rifle to shoot Hange, one of his own soldiers shoots him from behind.

You watch in shock as the soldier— Yelena as they called her orders the rest of the Marlean soldiers to drop their weapons. As she did, a number of them that were with her pointed their guns towards the other soldiers.

"Thank you for your generous invitation Hange-san. We'd love to try some of your tea!" She says.

❋❋❋

Afterwards, you, Levi and Hange accompany them into the temporary base you had set up next to the port and sit down to let them explain their motives. Yelena and her men called themselves 'Volunteer Soldiers' who wanted to help Paradis.

They claim that Marley colonized their countries and forced them to join their Military. Therefore, they wanted to work with Paradis and defeat Marley in order to liberate their nations from the Marlean rule.

Nest & Wings (Annie Leonhardt x Male Reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara