Surprise!

Ophelia huffed slightly as she hurried down the corridor, her arms laden down with scrolls, parchments and files. It had been a few more days and they were up to their eyebrows in work. It was coming up on the end of their first week working on the proposal and it seemed every time she looked up, another hour had passed, and they were no closer to being ready.

Not to mention, she hadn't received any word from Charlie. She tried to assure herself that perhaps he was just busy. And that it takes a while for owls to get to Romania and back again. That he wasn't ignoring her now that they were apart.

Long distance was proving to be far more difficult than she thought.

While Charlie was never far from her mind, she missed him. It was a far cry from being able to wake up in his arms every morning, she found. Or speak to him whenever she wanted. Perhaps she would try flooing him tonight. See if he was around. Surely, he wasn't avoiding her.

Ophelia came to a stop just outside the main office, her eyes widening as her heart clenched. No, she was not going to think that way. Charlie had assured her that he wanted this to go on. That it wasn't over just because she was back in Britain. They were still together. She still loved him. Everything was fine.

"Everythin's fine," she muttered to herself as she started walking again.

Regardless, she was in the middle of a large work project and needed to focus. She could worry about Charlie in the privacy of her flat after work. Perhaps she'd have Daria come over and they could discuss it over a bottle of wine. The no-nonsense Slytherin would talk some sense into her.

Turning the corner, she walked into the office and stopped, seeing a large bouquet of flowers sitting on her desk through the open door of her office. Immediately, her heart began beating faster as a smile came over her face.

"They came while you were out," Leanne said, stepping up to her side and speaking softly. "From your dragon tamer, maybe?"

Ophelia looked over at the flowers and nodded.

"Likely," she said breathlessly, finding herself deliriously happy all of a sudden. She knew that he hadn't forgotten about her.

"Looks as though Wood's got an admirer," Bletchley said. Ophelia looked over, eyes wide, and seeing him standing with some of the other blokes. "Pray tell, just who could it be?"

Her cheeks turned pink as the others waited for her to answer, though she couldn't help but feel a bit flustered being under the spotlight.

"It's no yer concern," she said, quickly stepping over to her office and not wishing to put her relationship on display. Bletchley chuckled.

"I think I know who it is," he sang.

Ophelia stopped again as she looked over at him, sure her face was the color of a tomato right now. He just winked at her and she hurried into her office. She quickly put down the things in her arms on the desk and stepped over to shut the door, her eyes still on the flowers.

They were large and rather nice-looking roses, though they wouldn't have been her first choice. And it seemed a bit unlike Charlie to send her roses. This was the bloke that collected a bouquet of wildflowers one day when they were out working in the field. Roses seemed too... traditional and impersonal. Stepping over, she pulled out the note and opened it, eager to see what Charlie had said.

Congrats on the job. Just wanted to say it was nice running into you the other day and I hope we can meet again soon.

Marcus Flint

Ophelia's eyes widened as she looked up at the flowers and then back down at the note. Marcus Flint had sent her flowers? Bugger, this was not what she was expecting. And it seemed he had been interested in her after all.