Chapter 19: A shield for a shield

Beactrice looked at the tucked in Y/N, as she sighs.

Subaru: Why are you here?

As Subaru asked this, all Beatrice could do was clutch her nose.

Beatrice: Yuck. What is that god awful smell.

She made her way towards Y/N, yet the smell seemed to disappear when near him. It actually smell kind of sweet near Y/N... But she ignored this and went near Subaru, causing her to look away.

Beatrice: Ah, so here's where that awful witch smell was coming from I suppose.

Subaru looked at her in a questioned manner.

Subaru: What are you talking about?

Beatrice: The witch of envy... For someone with her smell, you seem to be clueless about her I suppose.

Subaru just made a 'who?' pose before looking back at Y/N.

Subaru: Anyway. Did you come here to tell Y/N to not put some 'love spell' on you?

Beatrice tisk before looking at the boy under the sheets.

Beactrice: No... I came because Bubby and the brat thought I did something to him.

Subaru: Wait, did you?

Beatrice looked at Subaru with a dumb face before she returns to Y/N's side.

Beatrice: In any cause, I'll just have to look and see if he is alright, I suppose.

And with that, she raises one hand and blows the covers off Y/N, before he turns to Beatrice and wondered why she was here.

Beatrice scanned Y/N's body for any injuring, only to find nothing.

Beatrice: It seems I have no reason to be here, I suppose... I shall be taking my le-

As Beatrice was about to finish what she was saying, Y/N had quickly toke her hand, making the loli jolt.

Y/N: I need to ask... Please... Help me...

Beatrice turns to Y/N, as she looked weirdly at Y/N, making him think she'd say no.

Beatrice: I suppose... I shall help.

Beatrice saying this made Y/N a little happy, as he had let go of her arm, she looked at the boy.

Subaru looked at this and scoffed.

Subaru: 'I guess this is the date he gets with Beatrice.... Even if it's just a protection thing.'

Subaru: Oh... Would you look at the time. I have to go! Have a fun time lovebirds.

Subaru then exits the room, as the comment at the end made Beatrice grow annoyed and mumble to herself, Y/N was just think about this whole idea of Beatrice protecting him.

In the meantime, Mai was going towards her brothers room when she suddenly stop, as a blue haired girl was delivering a tray of food somewhere.

Mai: Hey blue haired girl!

Mai saying this caused the blue haired girl to just look at Mai before she began to continue with her duty.

Mai: Wait! Aren't we going to talk?

Rem: Why should I... I have business to attend to.

Mai: Then how about we talk over some tea and cookies when your off?

Mai saying this made the blue haired girl look back at Mai with a little smile.

Rem: M-maybe later.

Rem then quickly walked off. Mai questioned why she decided to ask her kidnapper to hang out, but she didn't mind. She then went on her way towards her brothers room.