Chapter 21: Cliff Face as Ever?

Peering at the emotionless body of Rem, Y/N's face soon grew with two emotions, fear and sorrow. Everyone was in the room as well, glaring at the body with their own emotions, but the one who was grieving the most was Ram.

Ram was crying as loud and hard as she could, concerning the boy who was still dressed in morning clothes.

Y/N: Ra-

But a wind blast blow past the young male, shocking him and the two other people from his world, but before they could respond, or move, Ram had turned her head to Y/N.

Ram: Stay away!

Y/N: Huh?

Y/N then felt something drip from his arm. The thing then dripped to the floor, making a certain person try to rush in front of Y/N.

Mai: Hey, leave my brother alone! Just because your sibling died doesn't mean you get to harm mine!

Subaru: Mai... Y-you shouldn't just-

But Ram wasn't going to just let Mai say that, as she raised a hand over to the red head, frightening the red head a little.

Just then, a person had just passed by the door, as she was shocked to see a certain someone.

Emilia: huh? Your here? Where have you been?

As Emilia asked this, she peered into the place and found out what had been happening.

Subaru: Emilia, your back?

Y/N: Wait, she left?

Subaru: Yeah... She was looking for you actually.

Y/N smiled a little at this... Before he then remembered heat had been happening, as he looked at the situation.

Roswaal: My dear little guest, it seems that one of my staff members are... Gone... With you three being here, I can't perhaps see you three as innocent.

Y/N: W-what do you mean?

Roswaal then turned his head to the boy, before frowning.

Roswaal: What else could I mean? You three could've killed my young staff member... And that-

Mai: What!? Subaru and Y/N would never murder someone!

As Mai shouts this, Ram points her palm at her, making Mai fearly shake.

Ram: And why would we believe something like that!?

Subaru was about to walk over to Mai and Y/N, but a blast from Ram shot near him, almost killing him.

Mai: STOP IT!

But Mai's pleads weren't answers, as Ram points her palm back at Y/N.

Ram: WHY!? You took my sister from me!

Ram shouted before she then fire a blast at Mai, shocking the girl, but before it could hit, Y/N immediately pushed his sister away, taking the hit for her... Or so he thought.

In front of him was Beatrice, as she had blocked of the shot for Y/N with a barrier.

Beatrice: I always upheld my end of the barrage. As long as he stays in the mansion, I will protect him.

Ram: W-what! But Mrs. Beatrice!

As Ram looked angrily at Y/N and Beatrice, Y/N began to back up. While he backed up, he then saw Subaru and Emilia look... Horrifyed.

Questioning why they looked like they did, Y/N followed where they're gaze had been fixated on... Only to spot something that had him in a more horrified look.