Chapter 8

It is said that when you cry it kind of relaxes your mind letting out all the pent up emotions and frustration in the form of tears

It is said that when you cry it kind of relaxes your mind letting out all the pent up emotions and frustration in the form of tears. Jungkook had not cried a single drop of tear ever since his parents had died, many called him emotionless or an ungrateful child for that but he just didn't know,his pain was too much for it to be relieved through crying out.

It was still the same, it had been a week since Mrs. Jeon's death and Jungkook was not fine even though he was not crying he was quite literally a living dead body, he locked himself up in his room almost the whole day skipping meals. Taehyung did not leave, he staying at the apartment with him for the whole time and Jungkook would always find him making breakfast in the kitchen early in the morning and without uttering a word he would walk back towards his room everyday, he was expected that Taehyung would stop making him meals everyday because he didn't even bother to touch them ,he only ate the pancakes Taehyung made for him in the morning and placed his outside his room's door.

After a whole week of Jungkook ignoring Taehyung's presence he had enough. This morning he was still in the kitchen making something. Jungkook stood in front of him,

"W-hy aren't you leaving? I don't wish to eat anything." He said
Taehyung was quite happy to listen to his beautiful voice after so many days,

"I am not leaving unless you ensure me that you will be eating well without me here" he said.

Jungkook sighed,
"I I - was so rude to you the other day, w-hy are you being so nice to me?" He asked to which Taehyung replied,

"Because I want to be nice to Jungkook, I care for you. You cannot just keep skipping meals everyday. How long?"
He said walking closer to Jungkook.

"I know it wasn't your fault. I should have been more observant and trustworthy even to granny f-or her to t-ell me-" he said with broken voice.

Taehyung hold onto his hands,
"No Jungkook it was no one's fault. Do you really think Mrs. Jeon would have appreciated you being like this? Not taking care of yourself? Skipping meals?"
He said.

"I n-eed to apologise to you and Lisa. Is she still in Busan?" Jungkook asked
Taehyung nodded,

"Did she is say something about me? Is she doing well?" Jungkook asked

Taehyung let out a long sigh,
"Baby bun there is something I need tell you,but first I need you to sit down"

They sat on the dining table.
"Listen Jungkook, I am sorry for the past few moths there are a lot of things that I did'nt tell you"

"I al-ready told you it's not your fault -" Jungkook said but Taehyung interrupted him midway,
"It's not just that. A-ctually Me and Lisa have parted ways" Taehyung said looking down,

"Wh-at? Why? What do you mean?" He asked shocked,

"Uh it's nothing actually. W-e agreed to marry each other because we knew each other from childhood and we thought we liked each other a bit. But, for Lisa the marriage was just a way of freeing herself from her parents who strictly stopped here from achieving her dreams. We had talked about it before the marriage too. It was decided that we would get married and might slowly fall in love while Lisa gets to enjoy her freedom and I get to spend time with her and that if it didn't work out we would eventually get divorced but no hard feelings we would still be friends. But-"

Taehyung paused to look at Jungkook.

"L-isa she was going out with another friend of hers in London and that is when I decided to get a divorse. It just felt surreal to be in such a relationship"

He said as he rubbed his hands together.
Surprisingly he looked calm about it.

"I c-annot believe Lisa did something like that"
Jungkook said surprised.
But suddenly he felt sad knowing that now Taehyung was no longer his sister's husband, there was no reason for him to visit him anymore, take care of him or call him baby bun. He felt overwhelmed by the thought that he won't be anything to Taehyung and most probably not meet him often.

"Uh um. Now that you aren't Lisa's Husband. You won't be coming h-ere often r-ght? Oh i-t' s obvious i -  C-ould you Come visit me once in a while" Jungkook said while looking towards Taehyung.

"I- Will you b-e"  Jungkook stuttered looking away from him. Taehyung sensed his nervousness and stepped closer to embrace him in a hug.

"Don't worry, this changes nothing.I will stay by your side" Taehyung said with a smile and that was enough for Jungkook to let it all out, his pain, frustration,sadness everything.
His tears.

Taehyung could hear Jungkook sniffling, his eyes widened and his heart sank.
"Always," he said tightening the hug and holding the boy as if he is the most precious thing in the universe.

Jungkook felt warm, comforted. He felt at home in Taehyung's embrace.
But he didn't like one bit how he was completely aware of why his heart was beating so fast and what it meant.