The Mistress Of Death

The first thing Harriet thought when she regained consciousness was

'Is this all just a bad dream? Am I really just going to wake to find myself back in the cupboard under the stairs waiting for Aunt Petunia to wake me to cook Breakfast?'

But somehow she knew, she wasn't in the world of the living anymore.

Instead of feeling cold and lonely like in stories, she felt warm and comfortable.
She felt a presence near her.

It felt...cold and...death like.

Slowly, the last Potter heiress opened her eyes.

She saw the stars above wherever she was laying.

She felt...a mattress?

Wait- a mattress??

There are beds in heaven? Hell? The in between? Where ever she was after her death?

She sat up quickly and took in her surroundings with a cautious eye.

She spotted a figure reading a book on an armchair next to the bed she was Laying on.

Harriet asked the question that was expected from the dark figure.

"Who the hell are you?! And where am I?!"

'Thought she'd do that.'
The dark figure chuckled to himself.

"Why, Mistress, I am Mortem. Or more commonly known as Death. And you are my Mistress since you collected all of my Hallows. Even if you didn't realise." The figure, Mortem or Death, introduced himself.

"Hold up. You're saying...that I'm your Mistress? Aren't there others who have also collected all your Hallows?"

Harriet was so confused. If she was able to get all the hallows, then surely a more powerful wizard would of gotten them too.

"Yes, well, none are related to the Peverell Line apart from yourself and your family line, and none deserve it more than you."
The deity explained to his Mistress.

"Besides, I'm Fate's favourite brother, so she allowed me to choose my Master/Mistress."

Mortem was looking extremely smug.
None of his other siblings got that chance.

"Righhhtttt....still. You didn't answer the second question. Where am I?"
The girl questioned.

"You are in the in-between. The in-between is for those who have done the amount of goodness along with badness and the deitys can't decide where to put them. Heaven or Hell. And for those who have been wronged too many times and deserve another chance at life.

You are one of the ones who are getting another chance.
But first, we need to sit down and sort everything out about what you need to change and what you missed in your past life...and I might let you see your family before you go."

With a flick of his hand, the god of Death transfigured the room to look like a living room, with lounges, armchairs, and a fireplace, along with a few cups that sat on the coffee table between the lounges and armchairs.

The duo sat in the armchairs that were closest to the fire and where the cups were placed in front of.

"Mortem!! Morrrrteeemmm!!!!"

Harriet turned her head to the door that was at the other end of the room.
Harriet could hear, what sounded like a man, screaming for the god that sat in front of her.

"Ughhhhh. Not now James!!!" Mortem screamed back.

Harriet wiped her head to look at the god so fast that he thought she broke her neck.

"Yes. Before you even ask."

The deity apparently knew what was about to be asked as he had the answer rolling off his tongue the moment she opened her mouth to say something.

"Mortemmmm!!! I can't find her!!!! Where was she last!!!! I can't see her with...Dumbledore?! Or Ginny! Or Molly! Or George!! Or The other two that make up her group! Hermione! And Ron!!"

You could clearly see the worry in this voice. But it wasn't James' voice that could be heard.

It sounded more...feminine.

"Uggghhhhhhhh!!! I was just going to let you see your family after our talk but they can't shut up! James! Lily! Sirius! Remus! Tonks! Regulus! Bellatrix! My god...EVERYONE WHO IS SOMEHOW RELATED TO HARRIET LILLIAN POTTER!!"

Harriet was frozen from shock.

The only thing she really caught...was Bellatrix...and related...

That's not possible.

How?!

The doors to the room slammed open and there was a large amount of people standing at the doorway.

"What?! Where is she?! Why did you need all of us?!"
A red haired lady that was standing up the front with what looked to be emerald green eyes...Harriet's eyes...was asking death in worry.

Death and Harriet stood to face the group of people.

"Everyone, Harriet Lillian Potter.
Mistress, your family."

Harriet was just standing there with wide eyes looking at the large group of people, her family, as she didn't believe it possible to have this many family members.

Then suddenly a person latched into her and brought her toppling to the ground.

"Sirius, get off of the poor girl."

"How could you die now?! You traitor! I dudes saving you! And this is how you repay me! By dying yourself?!! Outrageous! Rude! The audacity!" Sirius pulled her up off the ground and gave her a huge hug, then pulled away and held her at arms length to start his rambling.

Someone pushed Sirius off of the girl and brought her in for a hug.

"How is Teddy? What does he like? Has he taken his first steps yet? What about words? What were his first words?" Nymphadora asked once she pulled out of the hug.

"Teddy is wonderful. He asks for stories of his mum and dad. His first words were 'mumma' and 'dadda'. He has taken his first step. Took it to chase Kreacher actually." The mistress of death answered the mother.

"Oh! My! God! Tonks! How could you! Push me off of my goddaughter. Sorry, blood adopted daughter." Sirius asked with his hand on the wrong side of his chest, as if holding his heart.

"Other side of your chest."
A lady in Ravenclaw blue told him.

"Move Tonks! My daughter I should of gotten the first hug!"
The red haired lady from before told Tonks.

"Hiiii. Godric you've grown. You have my eyes, but you exactly like your dad."
Lily came up to her child and put her hands on either side of the girls face then gave her a motherly hug.

"Excuse me. I want in on this hug too!  Lily! She looks like me!!! Yayyyyyyy!!!! The glasses and everything!!!"

James was jumping up and down with Sirius like girls do when they are excited about things.

James stopped jumping and cleared his throat.
He then joined the hug.

The parents pulled away from their child.

"I HAD A NEICE AND I DIDN'T KNOW?!" Someone screeched.

That sounded a lot like...