News for Everyone

Dumbledore's POV

The twinkle in my eye slowly dimmed into nothing.

That stupid hat didn't let me hear anything in the conversation they were having inside her head.

She as supposed to be in Gryffindor! That blasted hat!

....That's okay. She's still in one of the 'good' houses. I just need her to make friends with the Weasley kid......

—————————————————————

Harriet's POV

As we eat our food, I'm having a conversation with the people around me. Susan was slowly becoming one of my best friends. Why didn't I ever talk to her in my past life??

Justin Finch-Fletchley was as talkative as before. Though, he was a bit nicer. Probably because I "haven't set a snake on him" like I did in second year.

Everyone in Hufflepuff was really nice, though I could tell that if you got into their bad sides, it would be the end of the world for whoever upset them.

"Harriet? How is your home life?? Is it true what they say? You're really spoilt?" Justin asked me.

At that question, almost all of Hufflepuff table went quiet, and a few surrounding students at the other tables went quiet too.

I finished chewing my food and placed down my cutlery.

"Currently, my home life is the best thing to ever happen to me. I have a lovely uncle , Regulus, who takes care of me, I'm trying to get my godfather, Sirius Black out of Azkaban because he didn't receive a trial and I know that he would never murder my parents. I'm trying to find my other Uncle, Remus. And the Malfoy's, as much as everyone thinks that they are brats and assholes to everyone, they have been extremely kind and helpful while I've been recovering from all my injuries."

Everyone had to sit and think that over.

"Injuries?" An older girl asked.

"Yes. I used to live with my Aunt, my mothers sister, and her husband, my Uncle, and their kid. They believe that magic is not real and that everyone who is not 'normal' is a freak. They used to beat me, until I either had a broken bone, I couldn't breathe, or if I was bleeding so much I passed out and nearly died. My magical core saved me each time because they couldn't bother to take me to the hospital. I lived with them for most of my life, until 3-4 months ago, when I found out about the wizarding world and I ran away from their home and met my uncle Regulus and his friend. They took me in, I met the Malfoy's, and they've taken care of me since." I told them. And then I picked up my utensils and started eating yet again.

I didn't notice that everyone in the hall had stopped eating to listen to what I was saying.

The only thing I did notice, was that 2 men were looking at me in pity and with sorrow in their eyes.

If only I could go back and save them too...

—————————————-

Hiiiii guys. 😅
It's been a few months since I've posted. Oops??🤷‍♀️
I've just had a really big writing block and I woke up this morning and was a comment someone had left and I'm like "I know exactly what to do next."

Don't forget to leave comments! I love knowing what to improve on!

Who do you think the two men were? What do you think is going to happen next? How do you think everyone is going to treat Harriet now that she's told them what happened before she started Hogwarts??

Double update because you all deserve it 👍😅

Peace out ✌️