𝟎𝟕. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐚𝐛 𝐅𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐬

𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐘𝐏𝐒𝐄

𝟎𝟕. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐚𝐛 𝐅𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐬

 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐚𝐛 𝐅𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐬

________________________

  HER HEAD WAS THROBBING when Lorelei woke up the next morning, and she had quickly headed over to her medicine cabinet to search for anything that could help with the pounding headache. Despite the fact that she felt sick all over, she remembered all the things that had happened the last night - from dancing to her little chat with Steve Harrington.

  Just remembering that talk made her groan inwardly. She did not know what on earth had come over her that made her think blurting out facts of her life like she did was alright. It was most certainly not alright. She was frankly embarrassed out of her mind.

  She decided quickly that perhaps going to school that day was a cursed idea. After all, she was not only nursing her hangover, but she was also not looking forward to seeing anyone from her school that day. So, she decided to simply stay at home that day. Sue her, but Lorelei Keller did not handle hangovers very well.

  Just as she was formulating her master plan to sneak back into her house after her father left for work, his car engine sounded from the garage. She paused for a moment, her hair still messy from sleep and her eyes droopy as she waited for him to drive away. Once the sounds of the car wheels driving against the pavement disappeared, leaving Lorelei with sweet, sweet silence, she took her cue and left the room.

  The first thing she did was grab some coffee from the machine that her father had left out for her. She must have drunk around three mugs before feeling like herself again, and by then, the medicine had worked and ridden her of the majority of the headache. Everything felt like bliss.

  That is if she ignored the nagging in her brain whenever she recalled her talk with Steve Harrington, which was still - unfortunately - fresh in her mind. She remembered every little detail, it was as if she had turned completely sober during those minutes they had spent talking; more attentive and careful than she had ever been. It freaked her out.

  She wondered what would become of him and his relationship with the princess. Judging by how hurt he was and how angry at him Nancy looked at that party, she guessed the relationship was as good as gone - maybe it had been for a while and they just hadn't noticed yet. Either way, Lorelei didn't have time to spend worrying about Steve Harrington's love life; it had nothing to do with her.

  She grabbed the coffee mug from the counter, ready to take it up to her room for her enjoyment whilst she got herself ready for the day when her eyes landed on the open door of her father's study. Her eyes narrowed for a moment and she froze. Maybe this would be the answer to all of the questions she had regarding the strange town - her father had always kept his work papers in his home study, and the papers from his case in Hawkins would most likely be no different.