𝟎𝟕. 𝐃𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐲 𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐥

𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐘𝐏𝐒𝐄

𝟎𝟕. 𝐃𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐲 𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐥

________________________

  "AND YOU'RE LIKE ONE-HUNDRED PERCENT SURE?" Lorelei questioned, her legs propped up on the break table at SCOOPS AHOY.

  "I'm certain," Robin nodded, her hands on her hips and her eyes targeted towards the board. "Dustin and I spent the entire day working on this."

  Lorelei narrowed her eyes at the code written on the board, her mind struggling to put the words together so as to decode the message behind them. She hadn't been all that worried before, but now that the code was in front of her, Lorelei realized that maybe evil Russians weren't that far off.

  After all, the message sure seemed to be hidden with some sort of code.

  The week is long, the silver cat feeds, where blue meets yellow in the west.

  No one in their right mind talked like that - not unless they wanted to hide what they were saying. And in that case - which at this point was the most likely - Lorelei was sure that Hawkins was bound to be screwed once more. Except for this time, instead of monsters, she would have to deal with a foreign government.

  "This entire thing is creeping me out," Lorelei grunted, her lips forming a pout. "I mean - how the fuck are we meant to decode this bullshit?"

  "That is a good question," Robin sighed, her eyes wandering to Lorelei for a moment before they returned to the board.

  After the moment with Max and Eleven, Lorelei had wandered around the mall a few more times with Estella - both girls making many different purchases with the hard-earned money from their summer jobs.

  But once Estella had decided that she wished to return home, Lorelei felt as though something was still brewing in SCOOPS AHOY. Her never-ending curiosity lead her to return to the small ice cream shop in hopes that Robin would have figured out a bit more about the code.

  Now that she knew that Robin had in fact figured more out - the curiosity had only increased ten-fold.

  "Lorelei, Robin - come on!" Steve beckoned, his arm holding the door as his free hand ushered them out.

  Lorelei huffed under her breath, but she stood from the chair nonetheless, sparing one last glance at the board before she darted past Steve and out of the break room.