𝟎𝟑. 𝐀𝐡𝐨𝐲!

𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐘𝐏𝐒𝐄

𝟎𝟑. 𝐀𝐡𝐨𝐲!

________________________

  "I NEVER WANT TO SEE A POOL AGAIN," Lorelei groaned as she stepped out of the Hawkins community pool after her shift.

  Estella was leaning against the wall of the establishment, her eyes covered by a pair of black sunglasses. "I take it the shift sucked?"

  "Yes," Lorelei hissed. "It sucked - the one before it sucked. Every single shift for the past week has sucked."

  Lorelei had now been working at the pool for the past couple of weeks, and to say she was sick of it would be an understatement. June was almost gone, and with it, a third of her summer had gone as well. She had spent every single one of her shifts sitting atop the lifeguard tower and watching over a bunch of screaming kids whilst their mothers made heart-eyes at Billy Hargrove of all people.

  It was hell.

  "You should have seen him today, Stella," Lorelei commented as she placed her sunglasses on her eyes. "The second he came out of that locker room his face was already so smug. Of course, all the women were totally drooling over him - Ben jokes that he must be some sort of magnet for mothers, or something."

  She was still wearing her lifeguard suit, along with a pair of the white shorts that Ben had handed her after her interview weeks ago. It wasn't as if she had gone into the pool after all, and it was much too hot at that moment to wear anything other than shorts anyway - so Lorelei figured it wouldn't be a problem.

  "Well, the good thing about this job is that you can have all the free time once the shift ends," Estella remarked whilst they walked along the pavement.

  "That's because I chose the morning shift - practically refused to work any other. And since there are like thousands of teens who wanted to be lifeguards this summer, god knows why - I had a choice." Lorelei explained.

  Estella nodded her head along to what she was saying, though she wasn't paying much attention anymore. "Would you mind heading over to the mall with me?"

  "Sure. Why?" Lorelei furrowed her brows.

  "I um- have my first shift today and I didn't want to head over there alone." Estella shrugged, her eyes refusing to meet Lorelei. "I figured you could go too, and do some shopping or something while I get my job done."