𝟐𝟏. 𝐅𝐢𝐞𝐥𝐝 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐬

𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐘𝐏𝐒𝐄

𝟐𝟏. 𝐅𝐢𝐞𝐥𝐝 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐬

 𝐅𝐢𝐞𝐥𝐝 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐬

________________________

  "AND YOU'RE SURE THIS IS THE RIGHT WAY?" Lorelei asked for what must have been the fifth time already.

  "Yes!" the kids all replied at once.

  "You know, you guys really shouldn't piss me off," Lorelei grumbled. "One wrong move and I'll leave you in those tunnels."

  "We're going the right way, Lora," Dustin sighed.

  Lorelei glanced out the window with her brows knitted together in concern. The trees were passing them by at a quick speed as Max drove along the road. It was completely dark, as they were far from any other house or store.

  One thing was for certain if anything happened to them, there was no way that help would get there on time. Yet here she was, riding in a car with a bunch of thirteen-year-olds - one of which was driving - and an unconscious Steve Harrington who was bound to get very upset as soon as he woke up.

  "Lucas, where is she supposed to go now?" Lorelei asked from the passenger seat, her neck craning towards the boy in that back who was holding the map.

  "We're gonna make a right soon, I think," he replied.

  "You think?" Lorelei scoffed.

  "It's a bit hard to read!" he defended. "It's pretty packed and dark in the back seat if you can't tell - Steve is taking up all the space!"

  "Steve almost died trying to protect us!" Lorelei shouted out. "Just give me the map!"

  Lucas handed it to her begrudgingly, and Lorelei snatched it out of his hands. She looked down at the map, trying to find the right path, but her mind was going too fast for her to catch up.

  She would glance over at Steve as he lay on the backseat every once in a while, and it was hard not to wince at the state of his face. The kids had done a lousy job at covering up his wounds with the band-aids, which resulted in a bunch of Hello Kitty figures to be spread on his cheek and forehead.

  "Turn right and then keep going straight for a while," Lorelei instructed.

  Just as Max turned the car and began driving up a neighborhood road, sounds of moving began sprouting from the back seat. Lorelei craned her neck to see Steve shuffling around awkwardly. His eyes fluttered open drowsily, and Lorelei winced at the panic that would soon ensue in the car.