𝟏𝟔. 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐚 𝐋𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐆𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐌𝐞

𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐘𝐏𝐒𝐄

𝟏𝟔. 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐚 𝐋𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐆𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐌𝐞

 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐚 𝐋𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐆𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐌𝐞

________________________

THEY HAD BEEN FALLING FOR HOURS - well, not really, but that's what it felt like to Lorelei as her hands gripped Steve's arm. Her eyes were shut and she was screaming at the top of her lungs - profanities and curses flying past her lips at lighting speed.

"Shit! Shit! Shit!" Dustin screeched next to her.

"We're going down! We're going down!" Steve shouted at the top of his lungs, his face contorted into the greatest of despairs.

"Yeah, no shit, Harrington!" Robin craned her neck to yell at him as she held onto the walls tightly.

"Why don't these buttons work?!" Dustin yelled in a high-pitched voice as his fists hit the buttons repeatedly.

Lorelei turned her head to look at him, her eyes wide. "Just do something!"

Erica released the grip she had on the boxes, and she approached Dustin only to shove him roughly out of the way. "Press the buttons!"

"What do you think I'm doing?!" Dustin shouted at her, mouth opened wide as he yelled as loudly as he could.

Rolling her eyes, Lorelei removed Steve's arms from around her waist, ignoring his pleas for her return as she headed over to the control panel. "Get out of my fucking way!" she ordered, her arms pushing Dustin and Erica apart.

Patience was a virtue - that was what Lorelei had heard her entire life. But in that moment, she could give a damn about patience. Her fingers punched against all of the buttons repeatedly as she yelled in annoyance. Lorelei had never been very good at patience anyway.

"I hate these buttons!" she shouted as her hands pressed into the for what felt like the hundredth time.

"Come on, just press something! Press the buttons!" Steve exclaimed with wild hand gestures.

"What do you think I'm doing?!" Lorelei turned to face him, her fingers still jamming into the buttons repeatedly.

"Push it!" Dustin screeched near her ears.

Lorelei was about to yell at him for almost bursting her eardrums, but she had no time to do so as the elevator suddenly came to an abrupt halt. She slipped against the wall, sliding down the panel with a groan. In front of her, Robin was groaning and gripping her head in pain, and next to her, Steve was complaining as a large box fell atop of him.