𝟎𝟓. 𝐑𝐮𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐬?

𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐘𝐏𝐒𝐄

𝟎𝟓. 𝐑𝐮𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐬?

________________________

  IT ALL SEEMED TOO FUCKING WEIRD. Why the hell were the Russians broadcasting a secret code in Hawkins of all places - unless they knew something that they shouldn't; and in that case, things were about to get really ugly.

  And also, why did it always have to be them? It didn't make sense that every damn time something odd was going on in the small town, a bunch of kids would be the ones to uncover it all.

  Lorelei seriously needed to talk to someone about upgrading the security system of Hawkins - because she was starting to worry once more, and it did not feel all that good.

  "I still don't get why we need to be the ones to take care of this," Lorelei wined as she sat on the cold metal chair in the back of scoops.

  "You heard what Henderson said," Steve shrugged. "We'll be American heroes, Lor."

  "I could give a shit about being an American hero right now, Steve." She leaned her arms on the table and rested her head on them. "Honestly, can't we just have a normal summer?"

  "It is our job - our duty to protect this country, Lora." Dustin proclaimed whilst he busily wrote the entire Russian alphabet on Robin's board.

  "I never made any pledge," Lorelei commented. "The only duty I have is to my job - which sucks by the way. I don't need anything else to worry about."

  "Where is your sense of patriotism?" Dustin huffed. "It's nearly Independence Day! You need to start getting some spirit in you."

  "What I need is to relax," Lorelei arched her back slightly, feeling as the ache in her muscles subsided. "Can't we just talk to Hopper or something? I'm sure he'd be happy to take this off our hands."

  "And lose the credit?" Steve scoffed. "No - no way."

  Lorelei sighed under her breath at their persistence. She was sure of one thing - a bad feeling was brewing in the pit of her stomach. But there was also no way she would allow Steve and Dustin to venture off on this mission on their own; so whether Lorelei liked it or not, it was not officially up to her to partake in this stupid quest.