𝟐𝟏. 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐍𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐇𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝

𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐘𝐏𝐒𝐄

𝟐𝟏. 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐍𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐇𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝

 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐍𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐇𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝

________________________

     THE PHONE WAS RINGING. Lorelei was tapping her foot on the shopping mall floor, her patience running thin as she looked around warily to ensure that no Russian or monster or anything else would show up to piss her off even more. 

     After barely successfully outrunning the Russians, she had left Dustin and Erica to look over Steve and Robin inside the movie theatre, which was currently playing the new hit, Back to The Future. And to think, Lorelei had been excited to watch the movie, but now two kids with a walkie-talkie and her drugged friends were watching it whilst she tried to contact someone. 

     "Come on Dad," she whispered to herself in annoyance. "Pick the fuck up."

     After last year's experience, in which her father had disappeared to follow Hopper and Joyce around the creepy lab, Lorelei was seriously worried about him. If anyone in Hawkins could tell that there was something wrong, it was Joyce - and the first people the woman would go to would ultimately be Hop and David. 

     "Maybe it's good if he doesn't pick up," she tried to comfort herself as the wall phone rang once more. "How do I even explain where I've been - hey Dad, sorry I've been gone, I was just battling evil Russians - I'd be grounded for a year."

     Despite the small surge of power that Lorelei felt in being in control of the group, she also felt a responsibility that she did not want at all. And all the more, she was increasingly worried about what she would do with four people - two of whom were out of their minds - once the mall closed. 

     As the phone ringing ceased, Lorelei leaned her head against the wall with a groan. Her feet were achy, her back was sore and her head was pounding from everything that had happened. It was honestly a mystery how she was still walking after the last hours she had. 

     The last hope she had now was that maybe Dustin would be able to get his Walkie-Talkie to work well enough to contact Mike or Lucas and ask them to help get the gang out of the mall. Lorelei could not even fathom what was going on with everyone else that even her Dad wasn't picking up the phone. 

     She had already tried Estelle, and then once that went to shit, called Max, which also did not pick up. Her next thought was that maybe everyone was gathered at the Wheeler house, so she had dialed there in hopes that Nancy would pick up. But even that had not worked. 

     In her worry, Lorelei did not even notice the fact that Steve and Robin had darted out of the cinema and sneaked over to the water fountain near where she was. Before she could turn around and see them, the pair suddenly felt a wave of nausea hit and ran to the bathroom.