𝟐𝟕. 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐍𝐞𝐞𝐝

𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐘𝐏𝐒𝐄

𝟐𝟕. 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐍𝐞𝐞𝐝

 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐍𝐞𝐞𝐝

________________________

  A COUPLE OF WEEKS HAD GONE BY. As time went on, what Lorelei had gone through started to feel a little less suffocating to her. It still felt ridiculous whenever she thought about it - you know, the fact she had partaken in the saving of the world and all that crap - but now it felt a little more set into her brain. 

  Her mother really hadn't called, which would have been massively disappointing for Lorelei, but she had actually had a great birthday with the help of her new friends - and no, she no longer cared that most of her friends were kids. 

  School had been a hassle for a while. Mainly because her mind wasn't really in the right place for her studies. Lorelei prided herself on the fact that she could easily get good grades in most of her classes with a bit of studying - she was the daughter of an attorney, and he had trained her well in most subjects; because David Keller was anything but stupid.

  But lately, the school felt like such a burden, and more than that - it felt so optional. Maybe it was because Lorelei was still getting very little sleep because of the impending doom that would hit her every time she turned off the lights, or maybe it was just because she was burnt out.

  It didn't matter.

  Because no one in the High School staff knew about the fact that she had saved the world; and if they had known, they probably would not give two shits about it.

  And that was why she had found herself in Mrs. Clicks' classroom after the last bell rang. 

  In hindsight, Lorelei probably should have handed in that essay on time - but she had also been a bit busy to actually sit down and write it. Besides, she wasn't Steve, it's not as if she didn't know about the second world war.

  "I just forgot - honestly Mrs. Click, it was a mistake," Lorelei spoke as the woman practically drilled holes into her with her eyes.

  "You forgot an assignment that was worth a third of your final grade?" The teacher raised her eyebrows, creating creases on her forehead.

  "Um-" Lorelei paused for a moment and bit the inside of her cheek. "I sense this is a trap."

  Mrs. Click stared her down, high heels tapping against the floor as if she knew that the sound would freak Lorelei out.