𝟐𝟎. 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐨𝐧 𝐯𝐬. 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐞

𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐘𝐏𝐒𝐄

𝟐𝟎. 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐨𝐧 𝐯𝐬. 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐞

________________________

  "IS THIS REALLY NECESSARY?" Steve complained. 

  Lorelei leaned against the wall with a smirk on her face at the scene before her. There he was - Steve Harrington, former King of Hawkins High, holding a towel with a slimy demodog wrapped inside of it.

  "Yes, it is okay? This is a ground-breaking, scientific discovery," Dustin reasoned. "We can't just bury it like some common mammal! It's not a dog!"

  "Alright! Alright!" Steve yelled out.

  Dustin opened the refrigerator door and Steve begrudgingly made his way over with the creature still in his arms.

  "You're explaining this to Mrs. Byers," he warned Dustin as he began shoving the demodog into the fridge.

  Lorelei placed her hand over her mouth as she watched Steve repeatedly shove the demodog into the fridge, but every time he got it in, it would just fall out again.

  "A little help here?" he asked exasperated. "Lorelei?"

  "There is no way in hell that I'm touching that thing," Lorelei scrunched up her nose.

  "Fine. Henderson? A little help please." Steve sighed, turning his head to Dustin.

  "What am I supposed to do?" Dustin asked.

  "Get the door, man!" Steve ordered.

  "Alright! I got the door," Dustin complied.

  "Ew! Jesus," Steve mumbled as he shoved the demodog into the fridge.

  Both of them worked together, and after a few more moments they were successfully able to shut the refrigerator door. Steve hummed in success, his eyes looking anything but happy and he patter Dustin's head lightly before stepping away.

  She looked over to the living room and sighed when she noticed Mike pacing around frantically. Lorelei's eyes followed the boy's figure as he walked back and forth with nerves, and she tied her hair back with the elastic band around her wrist.