Ends and Beginnings

Okay...I can't remember if I've ever written about Naksh Mamu before and I'm too lazy to look through my OS list buttttt star of this OS is NAKSH MAMU in excitement of his -hopefully soon- entry!
I apologize ahead of time because my Naksh is dhamakedar and awesome while (no offence to dkp writers) all gen 2 characters are kinda disappointing so far...
Sooo...this OS takes place before the Pre-wedding photoshoot and we're continuing with my "girls hit an animal not Manjari" theory because I still believe in last minute twists and turns...

Also... yes I am/was working on FTR today but I'm also working on another OS (tissue warning: high chances of crying like a baby while you read this OS) so hoping for a double update today😉

Enjoy Reading 💖

————————

Akshara sat defeatedly on a plastic chair in a small room, alone. She remained unmoving, her surroundings blurred and sounds faded, staring at her empty hands. In her mind, the last few hours played on repeat as if to taunt her, for her choices, for her naiveté and for her loss.

This moment was avoidable. Her pain and loss avoidable, had she not been so blind in her trust. So many signs ignored, so many warnings she refused to heed and so many people she had let down or lost, all for one person. The one person who didn't think twice before throwing her under the bus today.

Arohi had finally done it. She had gone ahead and cut the last thread connecting them. The single thread that Akshara had done everything to protect and nurture for the last decade was now completely gone and along with it, Akshara now risked losing everything.

Hours ago, the Inspector in charge of Manjari Birla's case had arrived to Birla Hospital and announced a breakthrough in the case. Evidence was found which had lead them straight to the criminal responsible for Manjari Ma's accident.

Her short lived excitement and happiness was gone instantaneously as a female constable came ahead and grabbed her arm. She listened confused, as they explained to her the charges and evidence behind her arrest.

And now as she sat alone in this cold, dark room she wondered if loving her sister was a big enough crime to warrant a punishment as severe as losing the love of her life.

Her heart squeezed in pain as she remembered his hurt and tears when they couldn't find Manjari Ma. She shivered remembering his anger for whoever had left his mother bleeding out on the side of the road. His demand for justice clearly portrayed through his red eyes and determined voice.

Would he, blinded by his anger and in light of the evidence, believe she was responsible for his...their mother's condition?

That thought alone left her gasping for air as her head swarmed and lungs burned. She had no evidence to save herself. Arohi had spun the truth, completely making her look like the mastermind behind a crime she hadn't even realized she was being made a part of.

As she pressed her fisted hands to her ears and struggled to calm herself, rushed footsteps ran towards her.

"Akshu! Akshu? Bacha ankhein kholiye, dekhiye hum aagaye hai! Gudiya...aap humari baat nahi sunenge?"

A faint voice reached her mind and the added shock helped clear the fog. Taking deep breaths, she finally opened her tear filled eyes and gasped in both relief and regret.

"Ma...mu..." She whispered brokenly as she stared at the one person she might have hurt worse than she had Abhi.

"Yeh hui na baat! Chalo lambhi saas lo aur shant ho jao, Mamu ke liye itna toh kar sakte ho na bacha" Naksh Singhania whispered reassuringly as he patted his neice's head and wiped her tears.