Chapter 1

How it all started

   Elena's pov:

I woke up like it was any other day, the smell of Papa's famous scrambled eggs and pancakes. I was getting ready, putting my hair up and into two little puff balls and the rest out and putting on my custom made overalls. I walked out of my room to wake my sister up to get ready and headed down stairs as I grabbed my food off of the counter and looked at pa and nod as in good morning.

" Hey gumdrop, how was your sleep last night? " as my pa asked me in a cheerful tone as I was trying to pray down to my food. " Great.." as I answered him. He turned away in a sad and disappointed way.

" Morning Kleki! " as I smiled at her.

" Hey El, it smells delicious down here...are those pa's FAMOUS PANCAKES " as she came rushing down the steps to hug her pa and grabbed her plate to eat. She prayed before eating.

 " Thank you for the meal." as she was demolishing her food. I had finished my food and put my plate into the sink.

I stood up and told them I was out for chores. I was whistling as I walked out to do some farming. I heard a familiar voice as I turned around, and it was the madrigals. I adored their gifts and work of art.  A few hours had passed and I had finished working in the garden and went to my room to clean up as I was putting on my skirt and off the shoulder top. She put her flower crown on that she had kept that her sister made her.

I was grabbing my reading books and sketching materials. I was enjoying my walk up to the forest. I sat down and layed in the grass and took out my pencils and sketched the landscape. I was slowly drifting off to the sound of the wind in the grass and the sound of the river.

 " This is so peaceful...It's so beautiful to look at- " I was startled by something moving in the distance. I saw a tall masculine woman walking with a boulder in her hand.

 " I've never seen her before? " as I stood behind the tree kind of nervous. I felt my face slightly burn as the woman turned around. I covered my mouth and hid behind the tree i took another peak and the woman stood up looking at the river. 

Luisa's pov:

I was walking with the boulder and sat down as I heard a noise behind me. At first I shrugged it off. Once I felt a little more relaxed I went to sit by a tree near the river. I noticed a few books laying on the ground.

" Oh someone forgot their stuff...? The person wouldn't mind if I looked for a name in it! Then I can give it back to them! " as I had opened the book and saw the same spot sketched out in the book.

" Holy cow this is beautiful..." I had continued looking at the art in the book and found the name

" Elena Campbell? OH the girl that everyone in town was talking about? Not going to lie she is kind of funny" as I slightly snickered all of a sudden I heard a slight cry from behind the tree. I turned around and slightly flushed from her view. She was very beautiful but I tried to keep myself calm.

" Hey...you must be Elena...that the whole town talks about..."

She started sobbing. " I bet you don't like me either...or want to be bothered with me..."

" WAIT WAIT NO!! I actually see the stuff you do and I find it cool and your art is fabulous." as Luisa continued ranting about her art. Elena was burning up into sweat from the sight of this tall woman. 

Elenas pov:

I was burning the hell up just looking and listening to her. She smelled like flowers.

" Hey ummm...you're the first person to actually have a conversation with me ever since I moved here. Can I have your name?? Well you know mine but, Im Elena.." as I nervously stuck out my hand for a handshake.

" Oh how rude of me. The name Luisa Madrigal!!" She jolted with joy.