Chapter 12

Elena pov:

I woke up and saw Lu still sleeping. I looked up and saw it was still dark. I put my skirt and shirt on. I slid down the stairway. I took a sigh and left the casita. I walked up over the mountains and sat on the top and looked down on the town.

I threw away the cross and stuff my dad ever gave me.

" Wish you weren't my daughter huh..? Yeah how about I throw all this Christiananity shit away...Now I can be who I want to be... and not your perfect daughter..." as I stood there watching all my stuff fall from the top of the mountain. I sat there and softly sobbed. The sun was coming up and I had wiped my tears away. I was walking down the mountain till I tripped over something.

" SH- '' as I looked down and saw a little pup looking at me. " Hey...I won't hurt you. Heh, you're quite adorable." as i layed next to the pup. I giggled as I heard the madrigals looking for me. I ran to Casita as the pup followed behind me. I stood in front of the door, I pushed the grass stains and stuff off me. " *sigh* another day come on lil dude." I walked inside and Luisa looked tired as heck.

" Love yo o-" as she stood by the wall drifting off. " Guess somebody sleepy" as I picked up the little puppy and help Luisa upstairs. " Watch out for my love for me lil guy? " the pup barked in return as I kissed lu's forehead. I walked over to Luisa mirror and saw scissors on the shelf. I had an idea.

" How about I just snip-" as I snipped a chunk of hair off. " I like it..." as I cut my hair to shoulder length. I threw the hair in the trash. I put in my two little buns. I walked out and closed her door. I walked downstairs. As the family looked at me.

" Uh-" I blushed in embarrassment.

" Elly, I like this new you!?!" kleki shouted out.

" YEAH!" as the family replied to Kleki

" SHHH. Lu is asleep!"

" Oh-" as they replied.

" Ill do her chores for the day. And I don't give a damn if they say something disrespectful to me from now on. I have changed since that night." as I smiled walking out into the town.

" I like this new girl. More stern and honest than a nervous shy girl." as Mirabel said. " Reminds me of Isabella kind of– OW '' as she was interrupted from a flower to her face as the family laughed.

.......................................................................................

I was in the town I walked around looking to help out people. I felt my heart drop as my pa walked past me.. ' He didn't notice me? Jeez...he must really hate me. I got better things to do than mess with him. Dolores had grabbed my arm and brought me into an alleyway.

" Elena, I know we haven't talked much but I heard what happened last night and this morning...and maybe yall lil thing..." I was embarrassed.

" I'm sorry all of that happened to you...just know I'm always free if you need to talk ok?"

" I know Dolores. Don't worry, you guys are my family, no need for me to worry, I have you guys!" as I hugged her.

" Ok Elena." as she pat my head. " catch you at lunch!!" as she waved off.

" See ya! " as I walked off and saw Luisa walking with the lil pup.

" LuLu!!" as I ran to her.

" Hey El " as she yawned.

" Lu you're tired...go to sleep...and you're burning up...you need to go home." as I looked at her worried.

" El I'm fine...It's just allergies–HEY!" while I was trying to push her home.

" You are sick, I will do your chores! Go to sleep and get some rest!? "

" Nope " as she walked down into the town.

" If you faint or anything don't say i didn't warn you..." as I leaned down to pick up the puppy.

" Imma name him...Uhhhh...spark!" as I kissed the pup's forehead.

" Lu? You really don't look well-"

" I just noticed you trimmed your hair. I like it, It's adorable" I blushed while holding spark.

" T-thank lu. I'm not that shy girl people know anymore. I'm trying to be me now! " as I let the puppy go.

" So let me finish these chores for ya."

" No" lu said

" Yes" we kept going like little kids. Dolores walked over and broke us up. " How about both of you go home..." as she looked at both of them.

" But what about her chores...?"

" Oh I got that covered. " as Isabella walked over.

" Ok.....-" as me and lu walked off and spark followed us.