five

the book reached #2 on killermare! it was #1 before, but I'm joyful for sure. congratulations to this book for 300+ reads, and 40+ votes!

~

killer had always found himself in the verges of death. what he hadn't realize, though that it was all because of nightmare, of course. the amount of those moments are countless, sometimes due to manipulation, missions or jobs, even himself; all because of nightmare. killer never bothers to complain about it as his greatness does benefit him the most out of anyone, the higher nightmare's position is, the better for killer. he would sacrifice everything for nightmare's legacy.

it's what makes killer so dangerous. his bloodthirst is unmatched by his loyalty for the one he worships the most. anyone can use it against him, but as someone like killer? he never listens until he's sure it's nightmare's words. however killer would have rather other's pity for him go to someone else, as he isn't ashamed nor regretful of what he had chose.

their relationship isn't anything intimate, of course. it just so happens nightmare gave someone a position in life and made them his servant, warrior, and dog. there was no spark of closure between them, as they're just workers until the end of the multiverse. neither of them are willing to change that.... yet.

killer and dust exchanged their 'see-you's before nightmare escorted dust off to where he assumed cross would be. dust wasn't alone, fortunately, as horror was also assigned to go with him by nightmare. killer never really left his chamber, so everyone else outside assumes killer took a nap.

subsequently after dust's leave, killer's emptiness returns within his soul, his happiness along with the rest of his emotions vanishing within. all the task he needs to do now is to get his own assignment whilst figuring out things in the process. so closing the door behind him, killer strolls through the gloomy corridor. there is no sound other than the eerie shrieks of monsters that still taunts in his mind, the loud yet muffled voices of the ones he killed before rings inside his head. if not those, it's his inner voice, mocking him about the shitty potential of the horrible decisions he makes throughout his days. what mocks him now is that he didn't spend his free time with dust. however, it isn't angry or disappointed as usual, it's just, sad. that could be for a lot of reasons, but what truly saddens it is that killer couldn't talk to dust about his problems with nightmare as much as he wants to, hence they don't talk about much personal things such as. they also couldn't, as nightmare always listens; and that itself is problematic enough. 

fusing personal life within their friendship would be hazardous, as none of them have any experience in comforting. it can grow discomfort and distance from both, and neither of them wanted that.

killer then stops for a second, noticing the sudden change of floor as he figures that he's reached the destination, killer stares up to spot the empty throne where nightmare casually sits unless dealing something on his own. it felt strange that he isn't there with error standing a feet away from him, he preferably is on mission. "huh." the disappointment killer felt is something unusual. unusual but expected, as he did want an assignment to decode his issues, along to impress nightmare again. a spark of determination lits within just by that thought.

"ki-killer?" a glitchy voice speaks from another entrance. killer turns to the owner of the voice, his gaze meeting with error's frame. "th-e hell you-re doing her-e? I tho-ught you were sleepi-s-sleeping with dus-t." error questions innocently, raising his brow a bit. what error didn't know is that dust had already left, he just assumed dust is on killer's bed.

what the fuck is he talking about ?

killer flushes in embarrassment at the thought, also bewildered by the audacity. "what? no. dust is my friend, nothin' more." he denies, scoffing quietly. the thought of him sleeping with dust have never crossed his mind.