seven

waaaaa!!! thank you for 1k+  reads!! notes after this chapter.

~

"such an idiot.."

normally, nightmare brushes off every retort or teasing error says that can pierce through his nerves, it used to be like tiny splinters that can easily be removed, he'd quickly dismiss it as a joke and moves on with his day. but this situation somewhat different from the usual.

nightmare had been constantly thinking about it ever since, every time he tries to take his mind off of it, it somehow makes its way back in his mind. it made him irritated, bothered and puzzled. what part of the question could have possibly triggered such reactions. is it because the fact that error may have a small chance of being right, or is it because of the audacious accusation that error (jokingly) pinned on him?

however there was one thing nightmare felt about this, is that he despises it.

genuine gratitude is not what nightmare is willing to give, everyone knows so already. he reminds his subordinates that gratitude is neither earned or given, and that none of them will be hearing anything close to a 'thank you' from him. but yet, he gone so far by messing with killer he broke his own word, which the question takes place.

have I gone far?

it was merely an act so he could lay out his wicked joke but gratitude is still gratitude. thus causing him to conclude, maybe he has gone far from just that. but even if that's the case, his dedication can't go to waste that easily. nightmare isn't one to doubt himself, nor is he one to brush off his efforts. exhaling, nightmare grits through his teeth, letting his figure fall on the bed of a vacant chamber. after he left his room with error, he couldn't bare to deal with the boredom in the throne room so he decided to wander off to avoid error, and to figure things out with himself. 

"maybe you shouldn't have done this plan." a faint tone speaks from nightmare's head.

the voice that spoke to him was his old identity, his first form as a monster and the one that got along well with dream, underestimated, and truly hated by many others. which was removed by being driven in his own hatred he gained from others because of his reputation.
nightmare forced his body sideways and scoffed, he whispers, sharing the same tone as the other. "the hell do you know?" he snarls with his 'brows' knitting together just right above his nasal, tightly gripping on the sheets.

"I don't, i'm simply saying." it spoke again, making nightmare roll his pinprick. he moves his hand up to his face, dragging his eye bag with a finger. "bleh."

if it were to have it's physical body, it would cross it's arms. "very mature."

although, nightmare can only imagine. he groans, "go screw yourself." lightly smacking himself beneath the eye. a pensive sigh escaped from it, voice stern yet still faint, "I am you, imbecile. don't say that." all nightmare could do is to release an extended sigh, which it replied with silence, somewhat visibly disappointed silence. it was tired doing this time to time, whenever nightmare felt the need to (actually) self reflect, but he gives no cooperation whatsoever and denies anything he's doing wrong. so, oftentimes the reflection gets cut short.

after realizing the eerie silence, nightmare snickered. "... I can tell you're hating this." his slender fingers moves to lightly flick his own forehead, as if flicking it itself.

it sighs, dismayed. but it felt the obligation to say something, "even if that is the case, you've nothing to gain from it." it grits in response, making a sharp exhaling noise to indicate frustration. "I am but a fragment of you, emotions can't be gained from a fragment.. especially from yours. your amusement may be fulfilled, but I guarantee it's useless for, well, everything you're trying to accomplish."