Chapter 1-Library borrowing

I have always avoided the library. Don't get me wrong, I just do not have an interest in reading books—I found it pretty boring. But that was in the past. Why? You may ask, well, the ridiculous reason is not that I picked up the hobby or interest in reading books, it is actually because I met someone that changed my life, someone who often visits the library.

It all started with my friends' dare of asking me to borrow not just a normal book, but a thick one from the library and read it in a week. I had no choice but to agree hesitantly. I thought that maybe I could have a hidden interest in reading.

The library looked pretty royal and fancy, air-conditioned with marble flooring spread across it, there were boundless shelves with thousands of books packed on the shelves. Chandeliers also hung from above the golden ceiling, in fact, the whole library—the ceiling, the walls, the pillars, the marble flooring, is all in shimmering gold colour, aside from that, only the shelves, tables, and chairs were in a brown, wooden colour. I was mesmerised by the library's atmosphere. stepping onto the marble flooring of the library, a gust of cold wind caressed my face coming from the air conditioner.

  Walking between shelves, I browsed through the books quickly with my fingers brushing along against them. There were much variety of books—fiction, non-fiction, action, classics, comics, mystery, fantasy, historical fiction, and horror, etc. To my preference, I have an interest in both science fiction and comics. As my eyes trailed along with the books on the shelves, carelessly inspecting them, a silhouette of what seemed to be a boy caught my eye at the end of the shelf on which I was standing at.

  Not far from view was a teenager, around the same age as me. He had dull blue hair that was short with a jagged fringe with a golden tassel earring hung on his right ear. That lad was also dressed in formal wear based on black with long sleeves. Leaning on the side of a shelf with a book in his hand, he seemed to be deeply invested in reading it having his eyes glued to the pages of the book. I stared at him for a few seconds before turning away in another direction, not bothered by him.

  An hour passed by before I found a book that meets all the requirements—thick, either science fiction or a comic(I have chosen science fiction in this case), and interesting. With the book I have picked in my hand, I skipped towards the counter to pay for the book I borrowed.