Chapter 12-Set free

Then it occurred to Xingqiu. He swiftly took out the old stopwatch from his pocket and using his sword, he pierced through the stopwatch, breaking its powerful mechanisms through the process. Shards of the glass casing broke free from it, flying in all different directions at a slow rate. A huge invisible wave radiated from the stopwatch, slowing down everything in its way. Then, the slowdown lifted after a few seconds. Then came a loud crashing sound penetrating the still air as the ground shaked furiously, causing the both of us to lose our balance for a second.

The heat cooled down as the lethal attack from the Spirit Of Time disappeared. She stared at the attack that was just extinguished between her hands with deeply furrowed eyebrows, eyes widened in shock. "你......!你还敢-你-你拆除我的创建!我的心爱的跑表!" ("You...! You dare to-you-you demolished my creation! My precious stopwatch!") The Spirit Of Time screamed in agony. This time, her tone was filled with sorrow. The darkness in the walls started to fall, the Spirit Of Time seemed to be fading away, ashes by ashes that shimmered in the atmosphere.

"不......不!" ("No...no!") screeched the Spirit Of Time as she faded. She soon disappeared, without a trace left behind. The creator of time..."killed" by the holder. Xingqiu looked apprehensive as he looked around. "This place is going down! We will be left in an endless portal alive forever!" Said the boy worriedly.

As the darkness cleared, they found out that they were back in the Portal of Timeline(which Xingqiu was previously before the red flames engulfed him previously). I got up as quickly as I could back on my feet. Then, we felt the pathway crumbled, hearing the cracking noise from behind. It is going to demolish soon. Quick witted, Xingqiu grabbed my arm as he ran with me, the pathway crumbling behind us, as if wanting to drag us behind. The glass spheres were also cracking and shattering, gradually breaking free from the diamond chains and falling down behind us as big chunks of the pathway went falling down. "Without the stopwatch, I could not speed up! I'm so sorry, our respective time period is really far away!" The blue haired boy said, running in the process as quick as he could. "It's alright, but do we have the energy to reach there? Because I'm not feeling too good..." I said anxiously. I felt stupor. Xingqiu shot me a face with worry written all over it. "I'm sorry, let's just hope for a timeline glitch then," he turned back, eyes shooting left and right constantly. The boy seemed to be looking at the labels and scenery of the glass spheres. Timeline glitch..? I could not figure out what was that, seems like Xingqiu knows the laws of time power by heart.

  On one of the glass spheres occurred a scenery change and the boy who ran with me soon felt a pull coming from the same glass sphere. He looked at it swiftly, with a look of worry and relief. Then, the breaking of the diamond chain from that glass was heard. Its diamond chains reflected the dim light from above as it let go of the glass sphere. Xingqiu noticed as gasped. Making sure that he had a good grip of my arm, the boy jumped and reached out for  the glass sphere at full tilt, with me, who was bemused by what was happening. As his fingertips came into contact with the cool surface of the glass spear faintly. An energy wave hit the both of us as we disappeared from the demolishing Portal of Timeline.