Chapter 11-Life or Death

"Ah," I flinched as I partially failed to dodge the Spirit Of Time's crimson attack. It slightly cut through my right sleeve, blood dripped from the slit sleeve. As I was trying to wipe the blood away with my hand, I got distracted by it. Ouch, it hurts bad enough...

I faced my head forward, only to see an attack aiming straight at my heart in a blink of an eye. It seemed like Xingqiu dodged it and I did not see it. It pierced through my heart with ease. I felt a strange sense of consciousness, as if I was conscious and unconscious at the same time, and reality twisted. I became deaf for a moment, hearing nothing but a ear-piercing sharp ring in both my ears that seemed to be endless. Blood shot out from the end of where my heart was.

Suddenly, I felt physically uncomfortable. The next thing I know my soul separated from my body, with me conscious in my soul. What in the world? I had never experienced such till now. My soul seemed to be invisible with only a faint white outline of my body that has been separated from the actual one. I felt as light as I feather, like I did not carry any weight at all. I could not control my movements. Gravity also seemed to let go of my soul as I was floating away from my body. I was absent from reality as my vision seemed trippy. I looked down in utter shock. I saw my body about to collapse, but it seemed to be taking a while. Has time slowed down? I, too, seem to float away from my body slowly. I saw Xingqiu, who I thought was also flabbergasted about what had happened. He gazed at me with his amber eyes, looking shocked.

This was far from reality, I felt like I was in a world of mysteries, where nothing made sense at all. Time, such an important element of our lives. Only In fantasies did we see people stop, slow, or speed up time. Never in my life that I thought was real. Time travel...I have read it in many books and was always fascinated by it when I was younger, hoping for it to be real. I dreamt of it in my dreams. But I did not anymore. Those soft, calm, peaceful fantasy dreams I had when I was younger was nothing compared to this life-and-death reality. I was in a plight of death, I could not blame Xingqiu for this. Maybe fate just does not want me to live. Maybe I was better dead. My vision got blurry, only a seamless silhouette of the blue haired boy was visible to me. I closed my eyes. Tears that shimmered in the atmosphere flowed freely from my eyes. I closed them shut, waiting for me to land somewhere as my soul floated further with time still slowed down. Where am I going to go? The afterlife? I had many thought running through my mind, closing my eyes.

Something was not right. I felt an intense pull on my soul. I had no idea what was going on. I only saw my vision mildly clearing up and I was going towards my body at full speed. I felt a queer sensation of nausea and could not process what was going on. I was puzzled. I fluttered my eyes open, finding myself back in my body once again. I started falling forward, but Xingqiu caught me in time and laid me down. I adjusted myself, back facing the pathway of the mysterious place, breathing heavily. The pain in my heart was still there. I touched it with my hand, it seemed to recovered. But how?

  It was in a later state that I realised that Xingqiu used some sort of power to heal and reattached my soul to my body. But it still did not make sense to me. Everything here seemed unknown. "Are you alright? Yun Yun?" He said anxiously, squatting down to check up on me. "I'm alright..." I trailed off, still not feeling too good. The nausea has yet to leave my body and I was feeling drained. Xingqiu heaved a sigh of relief and apologised, "I'm sorry, I could not heal your other injuries just yet. But I'm glad I got back your soul, I'll explain everything later," he continued.

  The Spirit Of Time stood rooted to the ground before she spoke: "怎么会?行秋......你真的很狡猾!你怎么敢打乱我的计划!" ("How? Xingqiu...you are really sneaky! How dare you mess up my plan!") a palpable sense of fury filled the area, coming from the Spirit Of Time. With both of her bloody hands, she raised them high above her head, creating a massive orb, ready to attack the two of us. Bright red flames swirled around along with dark black mysterious mists. I looked at the orb that was aiming at us, frightened. Xingqiu, on the other hand, looked pensive, eyebrows furrowed as he stared at the same orb, arms around me. Heat from the orb could be felt from here, meaning that it was really powerful. Oh no...is this the end now? "你们两个,去死吧!" ("both of you, shall die!") the Spirit Of Time said as she did a evil laugh