Chapter 5-Getting closer

"Let's part ways now, goodbye, Chongyun," Xingqiu said as we both walked out of the glass doors. Out of a sudden, a stroke of lightning struck the streets, scaring the both of us. My heart nearly skipped a beat, seeing the sudden lightning strike in front of me, then came a thunder. Not long, the slight drop of rain pattering down transitioned to a heavy downpour, it was raining cats and dogs. We stood under the shelter of the library silently for a moment, hearing the loud rain pouring down everywhere.

"Ah, I forgot my umbrella," sighed Xingqiu, scratching his head as he hung his head low. "Oh! I think I have one, it's in my bag if I'm not mistaken," I reached for my backpack, searching for my umbrella. Fortunately, I found it. "Just take it, I'll manage!" I said, handing the umbrella to him. "That won't do, you'll get sick," The blue-haired one said, turning down the offer. "Let's go to your home first, then if you're willing to, you can lend me your umbrella for me to go home," he continued. "Sounds good to me!" I exclaimed, opening the umbrella. We stepped out of the shelter and headed to my home as the lights on the side of the street though lit dimly, guided our way in the dark night with heavy rain.

  "Thank you for accompanying me! Here's my umbrella, you can return it tomorrow!" I thanked Xingqiu when reaching the doorstep of my house and handed the umbrella to him. "I should be the one thanking you, Chongyun, see you tomorrow," smiled the blue-haired boy. I waved my hand in the air, biding him goodbye, he waved shortly before heading off. I was truly grateful for him.

  "Hello, Xingqiu!" I said energetically. I had just come back from school and was free to visit the library to meet Xingqiu again. "Here's your umbrella," he brought it out and handed it back to me. "Oh, thank you!" I exclaimed as I sat down beside him, then sighed. "I have piles of homework today, what's with the teachers?" I complained. Xingqiu shot me with a frustrated face and asked, "didn't you say you wanted to get higher grades?" "Yeah, but—" "No buts, with hard work, comes with great success," he interrupted, gently pressing his book against my lips, holding up his index finger. I widened my eyes as I felt a warm feeling rushing up to me. I turned as red as a tomato. He lifted his book away from my lips and placed it on the table, "Come, let's finish all your homework in two hours. With my help, you can forget about getting the questions wrong," Xingqiu said. I doubted that would happen, but placed a whole pile of homework on the table, better for someone to help me, I guessed

  "What's wrong," commented Xingqiu on one of the answers I had written. He then explained why it was wrong and what I should write instead. What a smart one, I thought.

And what he said was true. In two hours, the pile of homework was completed, and no, he did not just give away the answers, he even explained them to me, I was flabbergasted!

  I thanked Xingqiu profusely for helping me. We chatted for a while before I left the library, bidding him goodbye.

  And so we did this every day. My parents even asked me why I liked going to the library so much, I just said an excuse, which they fortunately believed. It was hardly any day I would not go to the library. I would always be eager to see Xingqiu after school and spend time with him. Though I felt one thing
strange—he is mysterious. I do not even know where he lives! I tried asking him, but he just kept pushing it away and refused to answer. But then, to my surprise, all the homework he has gone through with me seemed to be all correct, even my teachers, the ones who hated me, were surprised. I also felt that my grades were gradually increasing, maybe too quickly that I thought it was black magic. It was soon that an important examination it coming up 3 days later!