2. SEVEN KINGDOMS' COUNCIL

The night goes by and the sun shines bright in the sky. But Princess Devangi hasn't been able to sleep for a single moment in the whole night. The birds are singing, but today nothing feels joyous to her. Because it's the day of The council's conference, which is going to change her life forever. By the puffiness of her eyes, it could be said that she has been crying all night. She is looking like a complete mess. Her usual glow and cheerfulness have disappeared today. She hears a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" She asks loudly.

"Rajkumari, it's me. Your royal maid Geet." Says a loud pitchy female voice.

Hearing her voice she quickly stands up and fixes her attire.

"Come in," Devangi says.

Geet pushes the door open and enters her room with a special attire made with gold threads and a whole lot of jewelry and ornaments made with gold, ruby, and diamonds in her hand.

Devangi looks at her in confusion and asks, "What are these?"

"This is your special attire for today," Geet says as she places all the expensive clothing and jewelry on her bed.

"Special attire? Why?" Devangi asks.

"Rajkumari, the whole palace knows that you are going to be offered as a sign of peace to the prince of Rajgadh today. The whole palace is being decorated. So Rajmata Roop (Rajmata means the mother of King) sent this attire for you" the maid says in a shaky voice.

"So Ma sent this for me?" Devangi asks.

"Indeed! I sent those for you. Finally, you are leaving the castle. Your departure should be grand." Says a deep female voice.

Devangi follows the voice and looks at the door. And there she was. A middle-aged woman with grey strands of hair. Her looks filled with grace and class. Dark hazel eyes and a few wrinkles on her face. Her hair was tied in a tight bun. She was wearing a dark red saree adorned with gold bangles, a necklace, and a red bindi.

Devangi looks at geet and indicates her to leave the room by waving her hand. Geet immediately leaves the room not wanting to interfere the conversation between Princess and Rajmata.

Rajmata walks toward Devangi and places her right hand on her left cheek and tells her, "Oh my precious daughter, I am going to miss you so much!" In a sarcastic tone.

Then she turns around and is about to leave.

"No, you won't miss me. You've never loved me," Devangi states with a calm voice.

Rajmata fiercely turns around swinging the long loose end of her saree.

She stares daggers at Devangi and says, "Oh you've always been the whining little brat. And yes I won't miss you, because I hate you! You call yourself a princess! You are a disgrace to royalty!"
She says in a witty voice.

" Prince Mahendra is going to show you your place. He will show you that you are a disgrace, a boon, a curse, and......" She adds, but before she could finish she hears a man speaking behind her.

"Don't you dare to say another bad word to Devangi!" Growls Devraj as he storms inside Devangi's chamber.
This makes Rajmata shudder.

She turns at Devraj and says in a shaky voice, "Dev...I was just trying to teach her manners before she goes to Rajgadh!"

"Well, mother. I think she doesn't need your lessons. She is a great princess and she is sacrificing herself to protect our kingdom. So, it's clear that she knows better than you." Devraj speaks with a stern voice.

Rajmata storms out of the chamber as her bangles and anklets make clashing sounds.

After her departure, Devraj goes to Devangi and embraces her in a warm hug. Devangi leans on her brother's chest and closes her eyes.