3. Farewell TO FIRST LOVE

Devangi is looking at the middle-aged man she thought was Mahendra. But in reality, he was the advisor of the kingdom of Ramnagar, Akshay Pratap. And just like everyone in the courtroom, Akshay Pratap is also starting at her. From that, she confirms that this man is Mahendra.

Now she honestly regrets her decision. Her gaze met Akshay Pratap's eyes for a brief moment and he passed her a wide smile showing his dirty, yellow, large teeth. She quickly looks away from him.

But very soon, her prediction is proven to be wrong as the tall, honey-skinned, young, brown-eyed man comes forward and says, " well...well...well..., King Devraj. You've been saving the best for the last, haven't you? You should have just told me that you are giving me your sister as a gift for peace. Then we wouldn't have had to waste this much time."

He had that annoying smug face on. His grin was pure evil. His tone, well that was as arrogant as earlier.

Then she realizes that the tall young man standing in front of her is the real Mahendra. She is also taken aback by his charm. His boldness and structure screamed power. Well if this is what they call the devil, then devils are quite handsome. She is staring at him curiously with her dark deep black eyes. She is Observing his muscular structure, black hair, his way of speaking, and the husky-low-deep manly voice he has.
But then she snapped out of her thoughts as she heard him say "King Devraj, I am ready to accept your sister and strengthen the bond between our kingdoms."
His eyes are sparkling with the evil thoughts he had.

Mahendra looks behind his back for a brief moment catching glimpse of his soon-to-be bride. He subtly bites his bottom lip as he looks at her. He again turns toward Devraj, "I want to take her to my kingdom tomorrow morning," He states with an emotionless voice.

Devraj is mortified by his statement. He screams, "Prince Mahendra, you can't just take her to your kingdom like that! She will have to marry you to go to your kingdom."
"She certainly will marry me king Devraj! Don't you worry. But she will marry me in my kingdom." Mahendra says in a teasing tone.
"But that's against our tradition. Women are to be married at their own home and then sent to their husbands by performing the ceremony of Vidai!" Devraj states as he tries to keep his calm.
(Vidai is an Indian ceremony that takes place after the wedding where the bride says farewell to her family.)

"Well, king, she is going to be my wife and the queen of our kingdom. So it's important for me to marry her in my kingdom!" Mahendra states but this time his voice was not calm anymore. It was rather loud and threatening.

"But..." Devraj tries to object. But before he could, the kings of the other kingdoms show their support to Mahendra.
"King Devraj, don't forget that it's not a normal marriage! Your sister is being given to him as an offering for peace. So the wedding should be arranged according to his liking," the king of Ramnagar speaks looking at Devraj. The other kings nod in agreement.
There is nothing else Devraj could do. He feels powerless and helpless for not being able to help his sister. Devangi notices her brother trying his best to save her. But she also knows that there is nothing that can be done at this point. There is no turning back.
For the last 30 minutes, she has been standing at one spot like a statue. But not anymore. She steps forward. The clattering sounds of her bangles echo in the royal court. Everyone's attention is fixed on her. She walks straight to Devraj. She holds his hands and with a feisty and confident voice, she says, " Bhai, I will go with the prince tomorrow. Don't worry about me."
Everyone is shocked to see a woman speak in such a confident manner. But before they could say anything, she leaves the courtroom in a confident, mighty, and potent manner as her hips sway in a celestial way.

Nobody dared to take their eyes off of her for a moment. Her feisty behavior intrigued Mahendra like never before.
Leaving the courtroom she storms to her chamber. She sits on the floor and hides her face behind her knees. The night has already fallen. Her chamber is dark.